Mitsubishi Evo 9 - Hartside Pass

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes

Mitsubishi Evo IX GT - Shot taken coming back from Hartside Pass after having a trip upto the cafe.

Click for larger version.

Last edited:
Very nice pic, Was there much in the way of post processing applied?

Quite like it, although the highlight in the clouds that's on the corner of the rear spoiler is slightly distracting. Needs cropping slightly to kill some of the space on (viewer's) left.

Main crit would be is it's sloping to the right.

Thanks for the reply, i never thought about changing the alignment.
Quite like it, although the highlight in the clouds that's on the corner of the rear spoiler is slightly distracting. Needs cropping slightly to kill some of the space on (viewer's) left.

Ahh yer, i see what you mean. Cheers for the feedback.

I would have thought the sloping to the right is deliberate and if not, I wouldn't change it as it allows for a more dynamic image in my opinion. Having driven the Hartside pass myself, it's not flat ;)

I do like this. Nice angle, good moody feel to it (most particular of that part of the country as well:) ). I do agree it could be a little more left in the frame giving more space to the direction the car is pointing.

I would have thought the sloping to the right is deliberate and if not, I wouldn't change it as it allows for a more dynamic image in my opinion. Having driven the Hartside pass myself, it's not flat ;)

I do like this. Nice angle, good moody feel to it (most particular of that part of the country as well:) ). I do agree it could be a little more left in the frame giving more space to the direction the car is pointing.

Yer the angle of the road was slighly going to the right, down a large hill actually. I kinda like the angle, i do agree with the frame of the car should be to the left. Cheers for the reply.

I understand that the road was probably sloping to the right, but so is the background which to me makes the whole image look as if it's sliding off the right hand side of the frame, but as also pointed out by others with the car on the right hand side of the frame this has probably emphasised my thoughts.

The composition is far too tight for me I'm afraid. You've got a nice car and a perfect location yet the focus is just on the car. A shot framing the car and showing the roads it will be attacking or has attacked would work alot better. (y)

I came across hartside pass last weekend, and tbh if you hadn't told me, then I would never have known. The comments about cropping, angle and location all echo'd here.

I think it's my work monitor too, but the detail in the rims are completly lost in the general 'black' of the wheelarch. I know these things have wheels but I am struggling to see it here.

Back