Model posing advice

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Right guys did first shoot last night (pics to follow honest) and it went pretty good, she was really confident and basically sorted out her own poses with the odd direction from me and it was all really relaxed because we are really great friends, however I did not feel very in control of the shoot.

Tomorrow I have another shoot with another girl who is less confident and is less likely to be relaxed, I will need help with how to properly direct her and how to set her more at ease, I know to show nice pictures to them on the lcd but what else works.

Cheers guys soon I'll post pictures not just questions.

That's helpful.

Maybe look at magazines, online etc. and take some reference from them, dont simply copy the image- make it your own.

that is interesting,

it's a girl that doesn't do modelling and I need fairly basic poses so I'm not too worried about what I want just how to get there.

More the direction and the best ways to relax her

Keep it chatty and fun - make it as stress free as you can. If she's really inexperienced she'll be looking for direction from you so you should have a few ideas up your sleeve. Be up front with her and tell her you're both learning and you're looking for ideas from her too.

Background music helps the atmosphere a lot and helps out with those awkward silences. Unless you're in the middle of a wood of course. ;)

musics a good idea, know her since primary school on and off (I moved away) so she knows that I'm learning and she knows the score about the pictures being for my sisters shop. Giving her a print as a thankyou. Though asking for her input is a great idea as it will get her more involved

Music is a great idea but I was planning on moving about a lot and working outside so I will probably have to bail on it, but a great idea for future shoots

Why not swap for a bit - you do some poses and let her shoot you, then swap back. It will let you both relax a bit, and she can see what you want.

that lawrie is a brilliant idea but a bit late :p I'll remember it for next time though

putting pics up in 2 new threads whoop

Back