Monotone Portraits (now with added colour)

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Evening,

well first time i have ever posted in this section, never really done any portraits before, but was out for a walk with my girlfriend on thursday and thought i would try out a few for a change.
I converted these to monotone due to the harsh sunlight.

What do you think?

3414594307_a320520405_o.jpg

3414593661_9ec0a2eb33_o.jpg

3415399100_48ae79c91d_o.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Last edited:
I like the middle one the most, the last one looks like it could have done with some fill in flash.

That top image would probably look awesome in colour around autumn time with a contrasting coloured top against the leaves.

I like the middle one the most, the last one looks like it could have done with some fill in flash.

That top image would probably look awesome in colour around autumn time with a contrasting coloured top against the leaves.

Thanks for the comment, i agree with the autumn colours, will definitely have to go back then. here is a colour copy of the one taken the other day.

COLOUR IMAGE MOVED FURTHER DOWN THE PAGE.

Last edited:
I prefer the colour version.
3 needs some fill flash - too dark yet not dark enough and background too busy for a silhouette.

Last one is good.
cheers

I prefer the colour version.
3 needs some fill flash - too dark yet not dark enough and background too busy for a silhouette.

Thanks for the comment David, as i said, never done portraits before so all is being taken on board. will try again sometime and see what i can get.

Cheers everyone.

you have a good model.. looks like she enjoyed getting her picture taken..

my gf on the other hand runs away as soon as i mention a camera.

Thanks, I wouldn’t say she likes getting her picture taken, but she tolerates it :D , plus if she sees a photo she doesn’t like she tells me to delete it.

Thanks for all the comments, I will have a look later and see what the other ones in colour are like and might post them.

Cheers (y)

Hi,

well here are the same three shots but in colour, are they better than the B+W?

3415790062_03cd37af5b_o.jpg

3418939104_0c658eae35_o.jpg

3418940112_f3995ed623_o.jpg

Cheers.

Chris.

any comments on the colour versions? :shrug:
are they better than the B+W coversions? what about number 3? does that have enough detail or would it still benefit from fill flash?

Cheers
Chris

I prefer #3 in colour but then i might have liked the B&W #3 to be a complete silhouette

Prefer the B&W in the other 2 though with #2 being my favourite

I prefer #3 in colour but then i might have liked the B&W #3 to be a complete silhouette

Prefer the B&W in the other 2 though with #2 being my favourite

Thanks for the comment. (y)

Back