Critique Mont Blanc panorama

Thats gobsmackling huge :D

You've asked for trouble for pixel peeping on the huge image ;)

The only thing I would do is run some noise reduction on the image. Its a lovely landscape ido.

Other more experienced landscape photographers may have some other issues that I can't see. Nice work though :) (great stitching, I couldn't see any breaks).

I think the dark foreground could do with a little lightening, but other than that, its a fantastic image.

Thats gobsmackling huge :D

You've asked for trouble for pixel peeping on the huge image ;)

The only thing I would do is run some noise reduction on the image. Its a lovely landscape ido.

Other more experienced landscape photographers may have some other issues that I can't see. Nice work though :) (great stitching, I couldn't see any breaks).
Challenge accepted! :)

My thought process on the noise reduction was, it's such a huge file that I can't print large enough to see noise. So I'd rather get as much detail as I can, because I won't see noise in the final print.
Either way, the noise you see may be s product of a bit too aggressive output sharpening for the screen, actually... :eek:

I think the dark foreground could do with a little lightening, but other than that, its a fantastic image.
I personally disagree, because the image is a great representation of what I saw standing there. I was waiting quite a long time for the clouds to be as they are in the photo, and that means completely clear peak, with great light and warmth contrast between it and its further surroundings, which could've possibly drawn attention away from it if they were lighter and had a warmer color.
With that in mind, what do you think now? :nailbiting:

Last edited:
Back