Critique Mont St Michel, Normandie

I like the 1st shot - looks pretty spooky how it just goes dark. I wouldn't want to go wandering down there!

Love that last one. The 2nd is a bit too central for me, but nothing wrong with the exposure or horizontals in those last two, thumbs up from me (y)

Reactions: ST4
It has to be no 3. The S curve in the foreground leads the eye to the castle, and the lights balance very nicely with the sky. It looks simply like the place I want to visit. The image could also work extremely well in a panoramic crop.

Are you on holiday over there?
If so, go into St Malo town, in the walls, Phillip Plisson has a gallery, well worth a look.
Also there's a folly tower on a viewpoint hill, might be mont dol? Pretty sure it was off the D4 from Dol de Bretange. You can climb up it and get a great view.
Don't forget the carnac stones.

As for the images, 3 for me

Number two the clumps of grass seem a little distracting to me - they're "a foreground", but actually seem to drag the eye away from the main subject rather than balancing it. I wonder with those framed out it may work better? Otherwise I really like it.

Number three? :clap: Really nice!

2. I'll play with crops. I've a fee from here.
3. I like to preserve the full range of tones in the sky. A pure orange sky bores me, so I'm wary of a letter box but will explore a slightly tighter crop

Back