Moonlight along the canal, Middleport

Name
Jenna
Edit My Images
Yes
I like the clouds actually but its a shame about the full moon being blown. Did you take any shorter exposures ?

I like the clouds actually but its a shame about the full moon being blown. Did you take any shorter exposures ?

Cheers, no I didn't unfortunately, I will go back one day, it's only down the road :)

that is a good point, Helen
for that shot i think you need a non moon sky...not too small an aperture to stop too much starbursts on the lights and have a try at cloning wires and what looks like an old citroen ds..??
and try a bit of changing colour balance to eliminate the sodium lighting
a crop from the right takes out the highway and would make the bend in the canal the edge of the shot with a little room...ie cropping

cc crop and clone.. my first steps in appraising a shot for presentation

cheers
geoff

Don't call me Helen ;) ( its usually my weekend name :D )

apologies...mixed messages, faux pas, and freudian slips all taken back
my mother was called Helen so i tend to use that name when my brain is in neutral.
now
may i call you Damian all the time now in penance... i cant pronounce your last name..

either it short for malkovich or you drive a golf

cheers
geoff

Last edited:
I like this, especially the sky :)
I don't think that you could have made any better of it in a single exposure tbh. If you get another chance, you could maybe stack exposures?
I know I'm in a small minority, but I'm not a fan of fiddling about with white balance for sodium lit scenes. Sodium is almost all orange light, and that's what I see, so that's what I prefer :)
I do agree with looking at different crops, though.

nice. van gogh would be proud :)
My first thoughts, too :)

may i call you Damian all the time now in penance... i cant pronounce your last name..

either it short for malkovich or you drive a golf

cheers
geoff

The latter, Geoff. I moderate one of the largest VW forums in the country.

Cheers all, liking the mixed opinions!

I'm a great fan of what was there is what I show, so the orange and the wires etc will stay. In landscape shots that I sell for print then yes, I completely agree, a stray wire across a vista ruins it enormously!

However with city shots like this, What you see is what you get, also, it really is this yellow haha!

The moon is terrible though, two exposures and masking maybe the solution?

Back