Critique Moray Firth Sunset

Och, you're making me homesick laddie! (I'll be back next month for a week, so I might have a lookie, if the conditions are right.
Splendid shot though. :clap: More of that wonderful sky perhaps? :thinking:

A fine shot Michael and my only comment would be that my eye is drawn to the LHS as the brighter and more interesting part of the photo compared to the duller RHS.

A fine shot Michael and my only comment would be that my eye is drawn to the LHS as the brighter and more interesting part of the photo compared to the duller RHS.
Thanks - yes, I can see your point. i was hoping for a lot more colour after sunset but the cloud on the right hand side moved in and suffocated any light from the setting sun. Moving left wasnt really an option as the barracks from Fort George behind the shore then come into shot and unbalanced my comp.

One of those nights that promised to be really special but died in the last seconds of sunset lol.

I'm liking that! I've only ever seen that water from the Fortrose side - the sunset here looks really nice.

I like the central aspect - I'm not really a big fan of "here's a rock to be my foreground" - in the end a rock is a rock, is it interesting? I much prefer the flowing waves and clouds, gives (for me) more of a feel of being there. Very nice photo!

Such a pretty image, I can well overlook the 50/50 aspect.

Back