Tim
Edit My Images
No
Just tried my brothers Canon 400mm f.5.6L on the bird table in my garden.:love:

Seems very sharp to me..:)

bird-table=1.JPG

bird-table=3.JPG

bird-table=2.JPG

Certainly sharp but had better get a bird book for it as I think the first two are blue tits and the last a female greenfinch!

I am just green! Fancy the lens and may be tempted on a trip to USA at end of month if we don't have to travel naked after today's news!

Fangman said:
Certainly sharp but had better get a bird book for it as I think the first two are blue tits and the last a female greenfinch!

I am just green! Fancy the lens and may be tempted on a trip to USA at end of month if we don't have to travel naked after today's news!

I will take a bow and take your good advise Fangman. Thanks for rectifying that point for me, Post now edited..(y)

How about these since my first post..:)

bird%20table1.JPG

DOF looking good..
bird%20table2.JPG

bird%20table3.JPG

What? No "pair of tits" joke yet??

*ahem*

Oh my, what a cracking pair of tits.

I'm not surprised that it was a blue tit as the wind chill was quite something here! I see the male greenfinch arrived. The lens looks good - giving some cracking shots. The first one looks as if it is checking out your equipment!

IanC_UK said:
great shots, but they all look a little over exposed to me Tim !

Mmmm, The sun was shining bright so that may be the factor, I added no exposure to these shots only a tiny little USM and a small crop..:(

Anyhow this shot is Fowl. What do you this to this one..:wave:

g-fowl.JPG

Nice shots Tim. Unfortunately very strong contrasty sunshine is just about the worst possible conditions under which to try and get good bird shots.

Blue Tits are very infrequent vistors round here just lately. Lovely little birds!

He he .. that last one is a Guinea Fowl. They're one of the best guards you can have on a pheasant pen.. they kick up a hell of a racket if there's a fox about! At the end of the season they get their just rewards of course... delicious! :D

The sun is very strong there Tim. What I do is use spot metering on the bird which is the best you can really do and let the background come out as it may.

seems to be ok doesnt it

CT said:
The sun is very strong there Tim. What I do is use spot metering on the bird which is the best you can really do and let the background come out as it may.
He only used his P+S so no spot metering ;)

No.2 is my favourite Tim. Its a pretty good lens, just needs plenty of light.

My tit

mfwild13 said:
Well compared to your other two cameras the 350 must be like a point and shoot.

Sorry it went straight over my head.:D

I am tired..:help:

Back