More from the ISL shoot yesterday

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple I have had a quick go with from yesterdays shoot with the brilliant, beautiful Michelle Monroe.

3300574704_603ed35a6c_o.jpg

Have re-done this image due to looking at it again.
3300574700_37023739fe_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice captures but the backgrounds are distracting me, was the colour cast intentional or was you aiming for pure white backgrounds. I prefer the ist image out of the two.

Regards

Nigel

EDIT - seems this post apparently has been, and certainly could be, taken the wrong way - hence the edit. I have every confidence in ISL but was wondering if attendees had just mucked about by themselves and hence missed some instruction on lighting or exposure. The colour casts could easily have been intended with gels, etc. rather than an error. No offence intended to anyone

DD

Last edited:
Studio portraits aren't my thing but the second is very orange.

That will be down to my processing probably!!!

It is, just looked at it again and decided to have another go at it.

Last edited:
EDIT - seems this post apparently has been, and certainly could be, taken the wrong way - hence the edit. I have every confidence in ISL but was wondering if attendees had just mucked about by themselves and hence missed some instruction on lighting or exposure. The colour casts could easily have been intended with gels, etc. rather than an error. No offence intended to anyone

DD

To add to this, yeah the blue background was set using blue gells over the backdrop lights.
Most of the issues with my shots will be my processing. Cause if you have a look at dseered's thead http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=114878 those shots look quite a bit better than mine.

As that was my first proper studio shoot, there was a lot to take in, I learnt a good bit, and now have ideas on how I would or would not attempt to light certain shots. It was a shoot, rather than an instructional setup.

One thing I found was (could be me) the studio type setting, unless all previously set up (build sets etc) seemed to me quite limiting to what you can pull out of the bag so to speak, compared to a location may be. But there would also be disadvantages to that as well. It is the ability to make the best of what is available, no matter where you are, and I think that will show in your photography.

I am sure I have spent too long today thinking :D I need a drink!!!:clap:

Back