Morning in Californa

Interesting shot Jon, I especially like the hills in the distance. Otherwise its a bit flat (no pun intended) not too much of interest and there seems to be a slight colour cast, although I am on an uncalibrated screen

Thanks jakeblu for taking the time to comment
I cant see the colour cast on screen, also uncalibrated .. maybe I should get it done :)
Having said that, it was a strange light, I was really trying to catch the undulations highlighted by the strong side light
It's good to get some comment though, thanks, as it helps make me look again at the shot and try and make it better

You do get some odd looking light in CA, simply because the terrain can be very oddly coloured.
I'd be interested to know whereabouts this was taken.

I'm just re doing it in PS6 because I can sort of see what is meant now. Problem for me is I have been doing a lot of HDR over the last year, and I have decided to stop doing it recently. Sometimes my mind is still in HDR mode I think. I'd appreciate some comment when I put the reworked shot up.
We were coming from Paso Robles on the 46 and it was about a mile or so before we got to HW1. I do realise theres not much interest in the foreground other than the view, but it was just such a staggering view and I couldn't resist it

Back