Morning Thistle

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken one day last week, only now have I gotten around to posting it up in here, though its been on Flickr since I took it. There's something missing from it, am not sure what it is. Maybe the composition? You tell me :)

14438842618_14daeca5b2_b.jpg

Thanks for popping in :)

my oh my, looky here, Carl has gone arty...lol
As it goes tho it aint that bad, maybe the sun is a bit strong in the photo, maybe its possible to tone it down a little.
Nice one Carl :)

Maybe the flower head on the right looks too bright compared with the one on the left? It's almost as if you had used a refector to bounce light back on to the RH one, especially as we can plainly see that you have shot into the sun.

my oh my, looky here, Carl has gone arty...lol
As it goes tho it aint that bad, maybe the sun is a bit strong in the photo, maybe its possible to tone it down a little.
Nice one Carl :)
Cheers graham, hahahah, i got a bucket of flower photos to go through so might see more arty-farty flower pics from me soon :D

Maybe the flower head on the right looks too bright compared with the one on the left? It's almost as if you had used a refector to bounce light back on to the RH one, especially as we can plainly see that you have shot into the sun.

agree, not sure if its that I dont like though, something else. I'll probably wake up a 2am tomorrow morning and have a moment lol (y)

Compositionally, I think there's a little room for improvement, and I think perhaps a tiny bit higher so there's a touch less sun at the top but as far as the shot as a whole goes, I really like it. It has a very similar feel to Cancun's "close-up" shots in the Macro section (those into the sun shots he does).

But yeah, I like it.:)

You say 'something's missing' and I think you have hit the nail on the head with that,objects or things tend to look better in odd numbers,3 or 5 of these thistle heads would look much better IMO.

Lovely warmth and colour. Maybe try a square crop, if you have a little more above or below. As it is, I think the light half way up on the left edge, and the light spot towards the left corner, on the bottom edge needs removing.

I'd try reducing the highlights somewhat and seen how it looks - blown (dazzeling) "lights" always look funny as they have no contrast or definition

Back