Morris Dancers Sweeps Festival

Edit My Images
Yes
Well I headed off to Rochester today to see the Morris Dancers do there thing.

I managed to have a very good day and filled two cards, here are some of the colourful faces of the day.

Thanks to Donutagain and Yv for the invite.

112092357.jpg

112092398.jpg

112092364.jpg

112092368.jpg

112092371.jpg

112092376.jpg

112092378.jpg

112092382.jpg

112092385.jpg

112092389.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Regards

Nigel

Cracking images as usual M8.

You'll love the Tenterden Folk Festival in October! Might have to organise a meet there!

Thanks Clive...

Never been to that one before... I would be up for that...

Cheers

Nigel

Of course there's a steam railway there but also nearby is Bodiam Castle.

Hi Nigel
I have been looking at your shots now for ages and always impressed. Everything looks spot on and natural. Can I please ask what you do in post and is their a specific order as to how you go about it?
Thanks

Chris

Hi Nigel
I have been looking at your shots now for ages and always impressed. Everything looks spot on and natural. Can I please ask what you do in post and is their a specific order as to how you go about it?
Thanks

Chris

Chris

Many thanks for the kind words, all of the images are processed in Lightroom and the only ones to touch Photoshop are the B&W conversions.

In Lightroom the process I follow is as below...

Check the exposure and adjust if required...
Add Clarity
Add Vibrancy
Adjust the Shadows and Darks in the Levels
Add some sharpening with 0.6 Radius
Add vignette if required.
Export from Lightroom

Hope that helps...

Nigel

Brilliant colours in them all but if I had only taken number 2 I would be very happy.

Question

If children took up Morris dancing would they be Morris Minors?

Realspeed

Brilliant colours in them all but if I had only taken number 2 I would be very happy.

Many thanks David..

He was another Photographer standing on the street corner I just wanted him in isolation so cropped out all the kit and crowds...

Regards

Nigel

Question

If children took up Morris dancing would they be Morris Minors?

Realspeed

They would be Realspeed and I have an image of a morris minor being put though its street worthy test... will dig it out in a while.

Regards

Nigel

Chris

Many thanks for the kind words, all of the images are processed in Lightroom and the only ones to touch Photoshop are the B&W conversions.

In Lightroom the process I follow is as below...

Check the exposure and adjust if required...
Add Clarity
Add Vibrancy
Adjust the Shadows and Darks in the Levels
Add some sharpening with 0.6 Radius
Add vignette if required.
Export from Lightroom

Hope that helps...

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Thanks alot it does help. I also use LR and I have just started adding presets as I import to try and save time and get some sort of consistency in what I do.

Are you using the camera profiles?

Chris

Hi Nigel

Thanks alot it does help. I also use LR and I have just started adding presets as I import to try and save time and get some sort of consistency in what I do.

Are you using the camera profiles?

Chris

Chris

I do not use camera profiles at all, just import and play..

Cheers

Nigel

(y) Very nice set Nigel, really does show off the colour anf vibrancy of the day

Cheers Yv

Hope your drive back was not too bad..

Thanks for the comments will be posting another set that I have processed as well.

Cheers

Nigel

Back