Critique Morrocan street photography

Great colours and composition in the first.

2 is almost as good, I would have liked to have seen the eyes not in shadow but this was probably out of your control.

3 does nothing for me.

4 I think the subject is underexposed.

I just had a play around with 4 and you can quiet easily lighten up the faces and keep the ceiling lighting down :)

Last edited:
I think they could use some help with the composition. The subjects are to centered and there is some dead space. Look at the first three, on the right side there is to much space between the subject and the end of the shot. You can crop that out and the balance of the composition will work better. It is basic rule of thirds. If you are not familiar just do a search of it.

I think they could use some help with the composition. The subjects are to centered and there is some dead space. Look at the first three, on the right side there is to much space between the subject and the end of the shot. You can crop that out and the balance of the composition will work better. It is basic rule of thirds. If you are not familiar just do a search of it.
I take your point on the third image, but the first two I believe the space surrounding the subject to be essential to setting the scene, thanks for the feedback anyway

Great stuff! No 3 lacks meaning, though. Do it differently. Part of me agrees with the others above about 4 but I also can respect it as it is. Apart from No 3 these images have humanity and immediacy, and are alive as they are - ignore the previous remarks about composition.

Great stuff! No 3 lacks meaning, though. Do it differently. Part of me agrees with the others above about 4 but I also can respect it as it is. Apart from No 3 these images have humanity and immediacy, and are alive as they are - ignore the previous remarks about composition.

Now why would you tell him to ignore the remarks about composition. Surely you are familiar with the very basic rule of thirds and how to use it to avoid dead space. "lacks meaning"? "Do it differently"? The op ask for a critique. Has humanity? With all do respect I think you should look up the definition on how to do a critiqe before you advise a new photogrpher to ignore anyone. :banghead:

Thanks, I understand what you mean even if others don't!

For the most part there are two scenarios when you post a picture to the forum. One is when you are proud of it and want to share. The second is for a critique. The proper way a critique is done is by pointing out why you like the picture and why. The other side is to point out what you think is wrong with the picture and give ideas of how to correct it or even what the photographer can do differently next time to improve their work. The thing to remember is that if you post pictures that you are very proud of and ask for a critique that is what you will get and you might just not like hearing the bad points being pointed out. I pointed out the good and the bad because you ask for a critique and the others just gave you complements on your work. Please don't think of me as the bad guy for doing what you ask for. Instead consider what you are asking for next time and you wont have to hear the bad points about work that you are proud of. Thanks.

For the most part there are two scenarios when you post a picture to the forum. One is when you are proud of it and want to share. The second is for a critique. The proper way a critique is done is by pointing out why you like the picture and why. The other side is to point out what you think is wrong with the picture and give ideas of how to correct it or even what the photographer can do differently next time to improve their work. The thing to remember is that if you post pictures that you are very proud of and ask for a critique that is what you will get and you might just not like hearing the bad points being pointed out. I pointed out the good and the bad because you ask for a critique and the others just gave you complements on your work. Please don't think of me as the bad guy for doing what you ask for. Instead consider what you are asking for next time and you wont have to hear the bad points about work that you are proud of. Thanks.

I am absolutely open to critique, but please don't come here just to critique other critique, as you haven't provided me with anything to build off

Obviously you are not. Quite the opposite, I gave you a critique and suggestions on how to correct issues and someone else comes in and throws around words praise and you latch onto them. All while agreeing with them to disregard my help and critique. So I really don't get why you are telling me that now unless you didn't pay any attention to my critique, and that appears to be the case. Please google critique next time and I think you will understand where I am coming from... I gave you what you ask for. The other gave you what you wanted.

For the record why didn't you tell the other guy to not critique my critique? He did exactly that and then I defended my critique. Please pay attention to what's actually going on here. You're accusing me of doing exactly what he did to me.

Sorry I just got mixed up for a while there; I didn't realise you were the guy who had critiqued me from earlier; I thought all you had posted here was the reply to droj! I understand it all now sorry haha

for the flavour of Maroc and the modern ways
no 2 is the best
there arent any real distractions or poor composition
was this Rabat, the casbah perhaps...
cheers
geof

Back