mother and juv-ID please

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
I think it is a Chiffchaff,but the calling sound was nothing like that of the Chiffchaff.

20110620_4934.JPG

Thank you,c&c is welcome

Last edited:
Willow Warbler then John in view of mum's lighter legs although that isn't always a guide, but if you've heard the call that's probably the best indication?

thank you Cedric,listened on my bird sounds and i think a willow warbler is right,outside the w/rail hide

LOL. That's where I normally see Chiffchaffs. :D Truthfully, I'm not the world's best at separating these two birds, but I'd say if you've heard it and it doesn't sound like a Chiffchaff it has to be a WW.

LOL. That's where I normally see Chiffchaffs. :D Truthfully, I'm not the world's best at separating these two birds, but I'd say if you've heard it and it doesn't sound like a Chiffchaff it has to be a WW.

Well you managed to seperate Jan from the flock Ced`s that`s all that matters :D Lovely capture John whatever it is ;)

Sorry John... I've caught up with the program now ! :)
However, I'm still struggling with the LBJ's especially these as they are soooo
alike ! :shrug:
Mum or Dad doesn't look too impressed with the thought of another dinner run though :D
John

Difficult to say from this angle but what you have heard will be their (alarm) call not their song - so may well be chiffchaffs. Get yourself a good bird song CD that includes alarm calls. Well worth it!

Back