Mount Hope

Name
Julie
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok folks. Here are some shots I took this past weekend while on a get together with some other photogs in Toronto. We visited a place called "Mount Hope" I believe it was called. It was our last stop so it was evening light as well which was nice. Although I was quite pleased with the results, I would like to hear all of your comments. Thanks. OH, btw I shot the whole day in manual mode! :D That's why I am sooooo pleased! :D

rightlean02.jpg

ponderingstatue02.jpg

pair01.jpg

croppedsilhouette.jpg

TFL,

Jewel :D

Great images 2 and 4 do it for me but they're all marvellous. I love 2's composition.

John

I think they are all great shots, but for me, it's the last one. I think the mono conversion and the silhouette work really well. You appear to have captured the light just right behind the figure, which I think adds to the drama of the shot :clap:

Number 2, the composition is spot on Janice. Very 'thought provoking'.
Number 4 also :)

I think I've had too much coffee today :LOL: Sorry!

Jewel,
really love 1,2 and 4, great shots. However I feel that the crack across the faces detracts from no.1 slightly and the trees do the same on no.4.

Something like this.

jewel-_1.jpg
jewel-_2.jpg

Oh yes, that looks much better mfwild. I agree about the crop on the silhouette shot. I had actually redone that myself after posting. For the other shot, how did you get rid of that crack?

Jewel

Oh yes, that looks much better mfwild. I agree about the crop on the silhouette shot. I had actually redone that myself after posting. For the other shot, how did you get rid of that crack?

Jewel
Just a bit of careful cloning and adding a touch of selective noise to rough it up. I actually cloned out the trees and then cropped a little of the bottom on the other one.
Both very much quick and dirty so I'm sure you can do much better on the full size images.
Excellent shots though and well worth taking a little time in processing them.

Mark

You are indeed getting to grips with manual mode Julie, These are very good..:)

Four is really exceptional. I think any church would love to have that for their Easter service.

Renee

I like all of them, 2nd and 4th are amazing though. Something about the top of 1 i dont like, not sure what, it looks a bit soft maybe, not OOF enough to look intensional maybe... not sure. But none the less great set of images.

I like the B+W cos it should be somber not warm, he is taking the cross to his death so the straight B+W i feel is more emotive

the last one as you cant tell its not actually real. very good shot :D

very good jewel, i would try a few black and white conversions, get some grain in with that and they will be nigh on perfect i think

Back