Mountain stream from above in the Brecon Beacons

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
I was hiking up Pen Y Fan and neighbouring peaks early morning last week, and saw a nice view to use my telephoto lens.

Spent some time on editing, and it was quite a challenge to get the highlights and shadows right. Then I only noticed after uploading to Flickr that there was a chap in the top left corner, doing some wild camping. Looks like a nice spot I might try next time.

Zoom in on the top left by Rick Jeavons, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nicely done, unless you want to keep the wild camper I might be tempted to crop off about 25% from the top as I don't think it is adding much.

It's interesting from geology point of view how the stream meandering through has gradually cut a it's own little valley over 1000s of years.

Nicely done, unless you want to keep the wild camper I might be tempted to crop off about 25% from the top as I don't think it is adding much.
That's a good tip actually, I can see what you mean. I usually always like to keep the same aspect ratio so am usually afraid of cropping on one axis only, but I think this could warrant it to get rid of the dark/muddy top portion

Back