Muckin' Abaaat

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
So the missus was at work this morning which left me with the task on Daddy Day Care. Lily was off to a party so whilst getting her ready I thought we'd have a bit of fun with some face pulling. :D

Haven't used the flash much lately so was nice to have a go.

Mucking About
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Mucking About

Mucking About

Mucking About

#5 - The End

Mucking About

#6 - Quick collage in PS for a Facebook cover...

Lily

C+C welcome.

Thanks for looking!
David.

Love those expressions, and I've seen that one in No4 many times in my family.
InteresIng use of pp, the colours appear a little muted but still interesting?
These will be great in the future to put on the big screen at her wedding.....

Thanks Paul. :)

Yes, #4 is usually the wife and i within a few hours of getting up in a morning! :D

The PP was something different for me. It's one of the cross process presets in Lightroom then i tweaked the tone curve to give the ("done to death" ;) ) muted look. It's a kind of love it or hate it look i guess.

The above were all lit with one speedlight using a shoot through umbrella.

Here are a couple more that were done with a single speedlight and a DIY home made softbox.

#7 - A more traditional shot...

Lily

#8 - And one that's not. :D

Lily

Last edited:
No 7 is a proper mona lisa shot without doubt, lovely stuff. Never mind the technique, just marvel at the shot of a great little model.

Reminds me of my two year old Alice:) an absolute natural:clap:

Thanks Carl, I really enjoyed doing them.

Steve, thanks also! She seems to be really good and is willing to pretty much pose and 'show off' to the camera so most of the battle is already won.

Thanks again. If anyone has any advice or pointers on how to improve then I'm all ears!!

Great expressions. Number 7 I really like. I'd say to improve it you could include more of her shoulders!

Always good to try new pp. I think I like it, not quite sure yet though!!

Make the most of the enthusiasm!

S

Shhh.... I've already told her that won't work. :D

I was up against the wall with my 35mm as i had Lily about 5ft away from the other wall so there wasn't a shadow.

Maybe a FF body would be a better proposition. :LOL:

Delightful little girl and fun photographs. Good work David.

Very fun photos! If I'm honest, I'm not a fan of the processing - as you said 'love it or hate it' - to compliment the fun-ness of them, I would have probably left them as they were, perhaps just a tweak to clarity, to give them a bit more punch. I think the processing needs to compliment the mood of the photo, which I'm not sure this does. Of course, this is only my opinion. Doesn't take away from some great captures you've got! :)

Thanks Roy, appreciate your comments.

Miss P.M. thanks to you too. I agree with the processing having to match, but I thought it suited them :LOL: having said that this is all new to me so maybe it doesn't. They would all be like #7 if I left them as they were. I feel like most of what I've done are in this style so wanted to do something a little different.

Will try some different types of PP next time. :)

Back