Multi Coloured Light Trails

Edit My Images
No
I really enjoy night photography and hope to do more now the weather is a bit warmer over here.

That includes some light trails too, I hope. I'm still a beginner to light trails, but gave it a quick try on Sunday.

I saw a bus leaving a stop next to the river and tried to capture the various colours of the lights/signs etc as it headed off down the road.

I think the exposure was a little too long for the street lights/lights in the distance, but I had no time to change any settings as the bus was setting off as I got to the road!

What do you think?

Multicoloured. by v15ben, on Flickr

Very nice Ben I take it that it was something like a bus with a LED display on the back :thinking: it does looks like it could do with just a little CCW rotation :thinking:

edit: having now read your post rather than just looking at the photo ;) and now knowing it was a bus :LOL: my suggestion would be that you main issue was your aperture if you had stopped down a little to say f/10 the street lights would not have blown out (y)

Matt

Last edited:
That's really cool; I'm hoping to get out when I'm back from my hols and will be looking out for buses now!

Cheers everyone.
Have to agree with you, Matt. I didn't have any time to change the settings from my previous photo unfortunately, but I'd definitely make those changes next time!

Back