Mumbles Pier

Hi Paul.

Looks good to me. Minimal I like that. Not that I have done anything like this myself.

This makes me want to try.

So thats a win.

Thanks for sharing.

Gaz

I keep coming back for another look at this photograph, I don't do that very often - an excellent image.

I like the minimalist look of the image but keep being drawn to the right where it is prematurely cropped. I would personal prefer more space around the pier but, that's maybe just me. I still like it though.

Really nice shot especially for a first go. It could almost be frozen water (which I suppose it is in a way :) I'd certainly be happy with that on my wall. Did you use an ND filter to hold it back?

I like it but with @jakeblu the crop on right leaves it a bit disjointed.

i dont know the pier so there might not be a choice, if thats the case then perhaps a tighter crop on left up to the building/ pier structure would balance it makiing it seem like part of a longer shot

another thought would be to flip the image, copy writing sections over correctly as sometimes easier on the eye to read into dead space on right than start with dead space, you’d have to think of retitling it slebmum pier though

Agreed. I prefer it with the left cropped to lose the space.

Back