Mundane Randoms-a thread for anything mundane/random to outright bizarre...

Love the fact there are some different 'keys' here!,..
As I have no internet yet at my new house I've not been able to view them on my phone, mobile signal is worse than pants too!..
So whilst I'm out and have signal next weeks theme will be slightly different

SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH THE LETTER "A"... Keep it mundane tho lol
Hopefully I'll be back soon :waves:

*resists urge to take a selfie of my Arse*

Well the thread is all about the "mundane & Boring" :p

I have got to say having been watching this thread, your comments as quoted gave me a damn good chuckle as did the comment that you are replying to.

(y)

Can you see it?

33jgtna.jpg

Well... I have tried again but still not happy with it - I think the basic idea is naff - the key I have isn't an interesting enough shape to give an interesting shadow

2013_10_26_3269_Final_key5_TP_reduction.jpg

Can you see it?
Sorry but can't find Wally. :crying:

Well... I have tried again but still not happy with it - I think the basic idea is naff - the key I have isn't an interesting enough shape to give an interesting shadow
I was trying to do something similar with a yale key but couldn't get the lighting right. Can I ask what you did?

............................I was trying to do something similar with a yale key but couldn't get the lighting right. Can I ask what you did?

Sure - I've picked up loads of tips and methods from other people so glad to be able to help someone else.

I had a white curved board behind the key, and the key itself was suspended with fishing line.

In a darkened room, I then shone a torch on the key to try and get an interesting shadow - you will probably need to try out several different torches or lamps to get a shadow that you like/want.

I then photoshopped out the fishing line and played around with contrast etc.

The idea was prompted by some pictures of cutlery/kitchen utensils I took some time ago, which - at the time - I was pleased with. For example:

Crown_stuff_1_TP_reduced.jpg

But now I would position it to avoid the crack in the handle or clone it out (I didn't know how to clone when I took the picture and can't be bothered now :))

Last edited:
I then photoshopped out the fishing line and played around with contrast etc.
I noticed that because I could see it in the shadow! ;)

Will try and have another attempt. I think the problem was I was trying to use a flash to create something similar. Will try with a torch instead.

I noticed that because I could see it in the shadow! ;)..................

Yes - I noticed it too after I had posted but because I wasn't fully happy with it anyway I didn't bother. But thanks for mentioning it because sometimes it takes me several looks to see things like that.

Good luck with your shot:)

Yay back with internet properly now...

Tori did you change the titles for me?... thank you!(y)

Looking forwad to seeing some more "A"s this week:D

APPLE:

140-1383316228-30cafc6930d95bd523b780ea5ff7c3d4.jpg

On reflection not too happy with this picture - as I don't think it gives enough impression of a 3D object, so I have added this (still not brilliant but better I think from a '3D' perspective) :

371-1383487616-0651592c47a72ac378da5a0ee1a959ec.jpg

I'm leaving the other one in so that the historical record is full and complete for posterity:)

Last edited:
Omg it's monday isn't it!..:eek::eek: good going with the letter A's guys, sorry i hadn't been around..

Ok this week the theme is going to be.........A pin!

Once again have fun!

Got my plan in mind! Going to be excellent use of advice from tp members put into practice with this one!

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Hmm........ shall we go back to clothes pin again...............?

Chris, i think the 1st apple was more 3d-ish and have to say your fruit bowl needs urgent attention! Like the originality of the idea though.

Sean, I like this, simple so it works for me.

Chris, i think the 1st apple was more 3d-ish and have to say your fruit bowl needs urgent attention! ..............

Thanks for commenting on the 3Dness (?is that a word?). One of the things I look for in my pictures and those of others is a sense of a 3 D object in a 2D image.

Both apples were from the garden - the first one was still attached to the tree when I got it - it had been partially eaten by birds, which is why it isn't going rotten - unlike the second one which I picked up off the floor

It's been far too long since I've played with my camera just for the fun of it, so I'm adding this to my watched threads . . . I'm sure that I can do something with a pin this weekend.

Perfect Sarah, looking forward to you joining in the fun (y)

Here is my entry for this week

Pin the blame where it belongs

869-1384003436-edfbe41cfb13d8faf9ca1947c474d4be.jpg

I didn't choose a man's suit, as a prop, by accident:)

Last edited:
Thanks Sarah!

Like your hat pin, love the reflection within this image
(y)

Chris, I like your interpretation of pin ............... and of course the blame should definitely be on the male!!!!!!!! Tee hee. :naughty:

Thanks for the comments and I like the other pics too - the thing I like about this thread is the variety of ideas on the same subject - which is all part of the purpose so it is working.

Here is my entry for this week

Pin the blame where it belongs

869-1384003436-edfbe41cfb13d8faf9ca1947c474d4be.jpg

I didn't choose a man's suit, as a prop, by accident:)

Love this, looks ace black and white and quite perfect on the mans suit! hehe

Apologies for my long absence!

A pin!

View attachment 676

Hazel i like this, colours are simply beautiful and very apt for this weeks theme!

Well I promised to try to get something for this, so here's a hat pin :)
Chris / Hazel really liking both of your takes on this. Can't wait to see other variations on it this week.

Still Life by SarahLee on Talk Photography

Sarah this is dreamy, gorgeous dof and the reflection on the pin is wonderful!

So it's Monday again already... wow! on to this weeks new theme then.... so it is going to be a ....Sock! :banana:

Good luck with that one! lets see what you can come up with!:LOL:

Here is my entry for the sock......

(need to make a small amendment - back soon)

Last edited:
Back