Mundane Randoms-a thread for anything mundane/random to outright bizarre...

Ok, sorry for the temporary absence but ....

.... because my photo this week includes me I wanted to add a 'copyright' thingy on it to minimise risk of abuse by someone else - probably being a bit melodramatic but learning how to do an embossed watermark was on my (rather long ) list of things to do anyway.

So here it is:

996-1384468765-a968e8b6064cdc98235c09468d017d5d.jpg

I meant to add - in case it isn't obvious - that is a football sock.

Further addition - Before anybody says ..... I am not impugning the supporters of teams that happen to play in black and white hooped socks. They were my school football socks and about 50 years old, and are the only ones I have:)

NB It's been pointed out that it is racist not rascist.

Last edited:
I hope they are clean Chris if they are that old?!:LOL: I like this B&W too makes quite a statement

I hope they are clean Chris if they are that old?!:LOL: I like this B&W too makes quite a statement

Thanks - yes they were clean - I just had to shake out the moths and make sure no holes were visible:D

OK Mundane Monday seems to be wanning a little lately... So i am going to do another free choice but like the other week, ANYTHING BEGINNING WITH THE LETTER 'B' but remember to keep it mundane!

I've slacked off because I couldn't think of anything within the vicinity beginning with A. Then I struggled with a pin (though took some shots) and after that it went downhill soooooooo tomorrow I plan to make up for it all.

Suggestions for future ones if you get stuck:

Toothbrush
Pen/penicl/writing implement
Razor
A tissue
A hanger
Button(s)
Coin(s)
Kitchen utensil
Sugar or salt
Cotton bud
A comb

Excellent suggestions thank you... Look out for one of them next week :D

I really struggled to make Pin interesting. Problems with focussing, composition, set up. The whole thing was a disaster because it was something so small. I think I'll come back to this at some point. My original plan was for a sun-dial type thing (I may well try it again) but I forgot about it and tried to do something with a row of pins.

IMG_4734
by stealth_wolf, on Flickr

Okay so I managed to stumble across a box that I could use as the sundial stand and came up with this:

IMG_4761-Edit
by stealth_wolf, on Flickr

Getting the pins in the right spots was a pain in the backside. I may do another version in the future.

This is a brilliant idea - I really like this.

B for Bridge & Bullets.

Ahhh - I got the 'bridge' but I thought the other picture was of felt tip pens - looking more closely I see that they aren't:)

Here is an early one this week from me, 'inspired' by a rather lengthy visit to the Melton Mowbray Wetherspoons with friends earlier today. For some reason most of the pictures didn't work out despite some brilliant insights into what would make world-beating images. Of course drinking a rather tasty American recipe'd beer might have had something to do with that:)................

Bauble on a wet Wednesday afternoon

1115-1384978375-677f17e15538d4e6b225c6eea24d6cc8.jpg

I may post up at least one more 'B' picture if I get more 'inspiration'.:LOL:

EDIT - sorry it's a bit blurred - I couldn't tell the difference at the time:)

Last edited:
Been playing with the new camera tonight and quite liked how this came out, although maybe i should have wiped the bulb first :eek:ops:

_K9A0121_zpse6ebddd7.jpg

Here is an early one this week from me, 'inspired' by a rather lengthy visit to the Melton Mowbray Wetherspoons
Love it. At first glance, it looked like it was snowing golden glitter or something. Then i realised it was rain, which only slightly sapped some of the awe.

I don't think I have been into the Creative Photography thread before, I came here looking for something else when I stumbled upon this thread. I have added if as a watched thread and hope it will inspire me to get the photo gear out more often now I am starting to have more free time on my hands.

Great ideas, keep it up all of you..

Late again sorry!!!...... Looks like you have all been busy this week, great stuff.. we are going to go with a suggestion from @omens this week...

New theme is:.....A cotton bud!

AAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH

I need :beer:

I don't think I have been into the Creative Photography thread before, I came here looking for something else when I stumbled upon this thread. I have added if as a watched thread and hope it will inspire me to get the photo gear out more often now I am starting to have more free time on my hands.

Great ideas, keep it up all of you..

Ooh i hope it does inspire you, there are some really cool and fun ideas by these guys... I know only too well how hard it is to get out of a photography lag especially if you are limited with time too.. I've gone over to film shooting and that seems to be perking my interest nicely

Ok, sorry for the temporary absence but ....

.... because my photo this week includes me I wanted to add a 'copyright' thingy on it to minimise risk of abuse by someone else - probably being a bit melodramatic but learning how to do an embossed watermark was on my (rather long ) list of things to do anyway.

So here it is:

996-1384468765-a968e8b6064cdc98235c09468d017d5d.jpg

I meant to add - in case it isn't obvious - that is a football sock.

Further addition - Before anybody says ..... I am not impugning the supporters of teams that happen to play in black and white hooped socks. They were my school football socks and about 50 years old, and are the only ones I have:)

nice , but isn't it racist , not rascist ;)

Loving the lego Colin and Vicky!

Brilliant idea for the sundial, like the bullets too.

Like the rain effect Chris, looks like glitter on a card.

Thank you for the various comments on the 'Bauble on a wet Wednesday afternoon' image.

I was in the same place this afternoon and was similarly inspired and I hope to post the results sometime soon - going away for a few days so may not be till Saturday or even after

Now that's funny :)

Back