Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) - The Year of the Thousandth

Another great one, though I am like you and will just admire without eating!

Another great one, though I am like you and will just admire without eating!

Glad I'm not the only one here then Sam :cool: shows the pair of us are not as nut's as the rest of them ;) :cautious: or does it :LOL: :LOL:

That first shot is a cracker! Nice one. And seeing that you're on your THIRD 365 :eek: I'm sure they'll be loads of ideas for me when I'm running round like an eeejit at 11:30 without a photo to my name :LOL:

Anyway, here's to a year of photos! (y)

That first shot is a cracker! Nice one. And seeing that you're on your THIRD 365 :eek: I'm sure they'll be loads of ideas for me when I'm running round like an eeejit at 11:30 without a photo to my name :LOL:

Anyway, here's to a year of photos! (y)

Thanks Conor, it's good to start the year of with a good one :D it sets you a target to keep aiming for (y)

I'm sure that you'll do well with the challenge (y)

Lovely shot Matt, love the dof.

And I've just read this is your 3rd year? It's only my 3rd day and I'm wondering if I'll make it :p

Lovely shot Matt, love the dof.

And I've just read this is your 3rd year? It's only my 3rd day and I'm wondering if I'll make it :p

Yeah, it's is my 3rd year, let's just say I never planned it but I decided to do a second year, and about half way through the year I decided well I may as well run though to at least 1,000 days ;)

Honestly for some of us it becomes a little bit of an addiction and I've got it bad :bang:

Wow - third year! I'm only on my third day! Really enjoying it so far though - its proving to be fun and I can see it making me think about some images and subjects in a different way.

Also really enjoying looking at everyone else's threads and shots. :)

ShoeQueen said:
Wow - third year! I'm only on my third day! Really enjoying it so far though - its proving to be fun and I can see it making me think about some images and subjects in a different way.

Also really enjoying looking at everyone else's threads and shots. :)

Yeah 3rd year and going strong :woot: glad that you enjoying it so far, it can be a real fun challenge

Tezz450D said:
well thats just nuts ;)

It had to be done :D

hayley.price said:
looks like someones been at your nuts there as well ;) haha good shot

:LOL: thank you (y)

whipspeed said:
Think that shot suits sunshine haven very well.

Also love the shot of chesterton windmill. Let me know if there is a decent crop in there this year & I'll have a drive down.

Thanks and I will indeed let you know about the crop at Chesterton (y)

Cg_Girl said:
:woot::woot::woot: yay finally a nutty photo!!.... (y)

(y) glad you like it :D

#1 is of course excellent and nice use of DOF in #3 - The 2nd doesn't do much for me, but then I have an extreme allergy to gewgaws of that type :D

Sonriendo said:
#1 is of course excellent and nice use of DOF in #3 - The 2nd doesn't do much for me, but then I have an extreme allergy to gewgaws of that type :D

Thanks Sarah, glad on the whole you like them :D I never expect that people will like every shot I put up simply because I don't always think mine are the best they can be far from it sometimes :(

Thanks Sarah, glad on the whole you like them :D I never expect that people will like every shot I put up simply because I don't always think mine are the best they can be far from it sometimes :(

'Ain't that the truth :) Sometimes there is only time for a quick snap and run, that eople seem to love and others you plan something out and nobody likes it :LOL:

Sonriendo said:
'Ain't that the truth :) Sometimes there is only time for a quick snap and run, that eople seem to love and others you plan something out and nobody likes it :LOL:

It's funny you say that, yesterday I got an invite to add some images into the Getty program and some that they've picked have left me wondering why :LOL:

It's funny you say that, yesterday I got an invite to add some images into the Getty program and some that they've picked have left me wondering why :LOL:

Cool, but the workings of the Getty mind are most strange ;) I've got a couple of real life friends that regularly collect a nice little earner from Getty for the most obscure photos, mostly 365 oddities.

Sonriendo said:
Cool, but the workings of the Getty mind are most strange ;) I've got a couple of real life friends that regularly collect a nice little earner from Getty for the most obscure photos, mostly 365 oddities.

Yeah I've now set up my account and will start processing the images that they want (y) even if I only earn a little bit it's better than nothing

Day 4 - On the look out!!

I've not even clicked my long lens onto my camera for weeks, in fact I think that the last time it was one the camera was near the end of November, so I decided today since there was an obliging Chaffinch in the tree take a photo of him for my daily photo (y)

4/365 (735) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Beautiful Matt :D But I love shots of birds anyway :) Great work

Beautiful Matt :D But I love shots of birds anyway :) Great work

Thanks Carol, I really need to get out and have a day out birding at a local wildlife spot, it's not my main interest in photography but I do like to do it occasionally (y) glad you like it

Nice Chaffinch shot Matt , You should visit Kingsbury Water Park with that lens !!

I've got Brandon Marsh, and Draycote Water on my doorstep mate :D glad you like it :D

I want to reach out and give him a big cuddle :D It's not an area of photography that interests me to take myself but I love the photos that others produce and I love this. He looks so snuggly and happy :D

I want to reach out and give him a big cuddle :D It's not an area of photography that interests me to take myself but I love the photos that others produce and I love this. He looks so snuggly and happy :D

He did stay there for a good 10 minutes so must have been happy with his perch (y) glad that you like it (y)

Matt

That sure is a nice shot! Which reminds me, the one thing I'm missing from my collection is a lens with a nice reach. This forum always does this to me... costs me a few hundred quid every time I visit it! :LOL:

That sure is a nice shot! Which reminds me, the one thing I'm missing from my collection is a lens with a nice reach. This forum always does this to me... costs me a few hundred quid every time I visit it! :LOL:

Know how you feel there Conor - always see something and think 'hmmm wouldnt mind doing that...... now what did they use and how much is it going to cost me?? ' :LOL: New Years Resolution to get more money ...... now do I get an extra job to cover it or just rob a bank??? which is the easiest and gets me the most? :LOL:

The classifieds for me are a very dangerous thing :bang: glad you like the photo thought (y)

Know how you feel there Conor - always see something and think 'hmmm wouldnt mind doing that...... now what did they use and how much is it going to cost me?? ' :LOL: New Years Resolution to get more money ...... now do I get an extra job to cover it or just rob a bank??? which is the easiest and gets me the most? :LOL:

If you get another job it's going to eat into camera time thought, so if we can go 50/50 we'll call it HSBC, Blackpool, 11am on Monday ;) I'll bring a flash gun :cautious:

Lovely shot. Like the mix of colours too. You'll need some long lens practice for Whipsnade ;)

Lovely shot. Like the mix of colours too. You'll need some long lens practice for Whipsnade ;)

To right I do :eek: but always good fun to have a play, hopefully I will not just spend the entire meet talking that's my usual sin :eek:

To right I do :eek: but always good fun to have a play, hopefully I will not just spend the entire meet talking that's my usual sin :eek:

Well, the Cheetah cubs and Lynx kits are just irresistable - you can't fail ;)

The classifieds for me are a very dangerous thing :bang: glad you like the photo thought (y)

If you get another job it's going to eat into camera time thought, so if we can go 50/50 we'll call it HSBC, Blackpool, 11am on Monday ;) I'll bring a flash gun :cautious:

Deal :D Just dont tell anyone else or they'll want a cut and we just cant afford it :cautious:

The birds always get my vote Matt. Nice to see buds appearing on the trees too.

Phil

Well, the Cheetah cubs and Lynx kits are just irresistable - you can't fail ;)

I'm already looking forward to it :D I've even put a ban on bookings for the day ;) so no work to go to :LOL:

Deal :D Just dont tell anyone else or they'll want a cut and we just cant afford it :cautious:

:muted:

The birds always get my vote Matt. Nice to see buds appearing on the trees too.

Phil

It really is, though this a magnolia so it's a certain that it will develop a little more and then we will get a frost to ruin it for the year again :(

Back