Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) - The Year of the Thousandth

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Lovely bird shot matt, thats one thing i too have never got, although i would have to land close with normal lens!(y)

What lens have you got for the whipsnade meet in a couple of weeks? I love my 150-500 best £495 I ever spent :D glad you like it :D

What lens have you got for the whipsnade meet in a couple of weeks? I love my 150-500 best £495 I ever spent :D glad you like it :D

Just the 17-135mm.... is it going to be pointless?

Just the 17-135mm.... is it going to be pointless?

Not sure but you can always borrow my 150-500 for some of the day, I'm sure I'll not spend the entire day shooting animals :D

Me too but a bit too far for me :(

Closer for you than me :LOL:

edit - there should be an Edinburgh meet around August and you should come to it Carol... PLENTY of street photog opportunities!! :LOL: :LOL:

Id love to photograph Edinburgh :D But not the street opportunities that you are thinking of :LOL:

August is festival time... you'd be "just another person with a camera" up here then :LOL:

toadstool said:
I wanna come! :shake:

carolthomasburns said:
Me too but a bit too far for me :(

It should be a really fun meet (y)

toadstool said:
Closer for you than me :LOL:

edit - there should be an Edinburgh meet around August and you should come to it Carol... PLENTY of street photog opportunities!! :LOL: :LOL:

I think there was and Edinburgh fringe meet last year :thinking: if not as they say "organise one and they will come" ;)

Day 5 - Traffic Flows

Sorry guy's but I couldn't go a week into this years challenge with getting my light trails hit, was a little surprised by this location that even at 24mm I was able to squeeze in double trails also squeezing in the over road :D I normally have to go fish eye to do that :eek:

5/365 (736) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice again Matt, like how you got the over road in too. I have tried light trails at a couple of locations before Xmas, I will be getting them squeezed in here over the next month or 2.

Phil

Awesome trail Matt , nice work pal

Thanks Vince :D glad that you like them (y)

Nice again Matt, like how you got the over road in too. I have tried light trails at a couple of locations before Xmas, I will be getting them squeezed in here over the next month or 2.

Phil

Thanks Phil, I look forward to seeing what you come up with the trails (y) glad that you like it (y)

Epic! It's something I'd like to try but seems like it'd be too much for my skill level at the moment :LOL:

Epic! It's something I'd like to try but seems like it'd be too much for my skill level at the moment :LOL:

Toni, check out my signature there is a link to my guide to light trails, give that a read and then if you have any questions ask, and that you give you all the information to get out and give it a go (y) really glad that you like it (y)

Like the two lane trail capture Matt, very neat :clap: Would I be right in thinking I recognise the bridge?

Di

Nice double trials with detail caught in the sky too....

Thanks Jeff, exactly what I was there for the movement in the sky (y) glad that you like it (y)

Like the two lane trail capture Matt, very neat :clap: Would I be right in thinking I recognise the bridge?

Di

Thanks Di, glad that you like it (y) but no this isn't the bridge that your thinking of (y) this one is the same motorway but just past Warwick (y)

Nice trails and still some really good colour in the sky. Like this one very much.

Thanks Sarah, really pleased that you like it (y) I love light trails and most people on TP will have already realised (y) and for me a nice sky is as important as nice trails :D

Wow Matt... that light trail is awesome, love the colour of the sky and that central starburst is a nice touch :clap:

Thanks Buddy, glad that you like the photo (y) it was jolly decent of that house on the hill to a bright security light :LOL: (y)

I so love these.........:clap::clap: i need to find me a bridge, maybe have my sinister face on so nobody bothers me..... girl at night alone on bridge isn't sensible is it.... ooh and trolls:eek:

I so love these.........:clap::clap: i need to find me a bridge, maybe have my sinister face on so nobody bothers me..... girl at night alone on bridge isn't sensible is it.... ooh and trolls:eek:

So come join me on a bridge, I'm so scary looking even the police have stopped coming and checking on me :crying: not had the police turn up in well over a year now..glad that you like it :D

Love these trails and determined to get a few tries at them (and make sure I am NOT in a car travelling at 80mph at the time :LOL:)

Love these trails and determined to get a few tries at them (and make sure I am NOT in a car travelling at 80mph at the time :LOL:)

Thanks Carol, but don't forget in car ones can be really cool too (y)

not at 80mph on the bumpiest motorway in the world!!! (M6) :LOL:

not at 80mph on the bumpiest motorway in the world!!! (M6) :LOL:

No but then that would be illegal and I've never broken the law ;) and the moon IS made of cheese :cool:

oh I wasnt driving ..... now that would have been fun --- trying to drive at that speed and keep the camera steady!!! :D I believe it is a good grade of cheddar :LOL:

oh I wasnt driving ..... now that would have been fun --- trying to drive at that speed and keep the camera steady!!! :D I believe it is a good grade of cheddar :LOL:

oh it's the very best of cheddars :D and keeping the camera steady is always the challenge :D

hmmm wondering how to combat that kind of shake :thinking:

hmmm wondering how to combat that kind of shake :thinking:

Find a smooth bit, might mean paying for the tool :annoyed: but I'd wait for the illuminations to be back on personally :D it would be worth it for a moving long exposure under that light show :D

now that would be a great shot but have to wait till september for that :( Mind you by then I might have slightly mastered the technique :D

now that would be a great shot but have to wait till september for that :( Mind you by then I might have slightly mastered the technique :D

as they say practice makes perfect :D

Toni, check out my signature there is a link to my guide to light trails, give that a read and then if you have any questions ask, and that you give you all the information to get out and give it a go (y) really glad that you like it (y)

Forum signatures come and go for me... at the minute, yours has taken off running! When it's back up and running I'm there :D (y)

So come join me on a bridge, I'm so scary looking even the police have stopped coming and checking on me :crying: not had the police turn up in well over a year now..glad that you like it :D

That would be fantastic!.......... and i guess if i have my intense ozzy osbourne look on me then everyone even the trolls will be scared!

Cracking shot, Matt and everything works so well together. The sky is great and the two sets of trails make it so interesting. The 'star' in the middle really does add to it. :)

I haven't tried this either and think I should do so every time I see a photo like this. In reality I suspect I am a little too lazy to put the effort in to leave the house at night!

Back