Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) - The Year of the Thousandth

toadstool said:
Forum signatures come and go for me... at the minute, yours has taken off running! When it's back up and running I'm there :D (y)

When I'm on the computer later I'll PM you the link (y)

Tezz450D said:
Great light trails ...havent attempted one of these yet

Thanks Terri, glad that you like it (y) well there's at least some photos for your challenge then (y)

Cg_Girl said:
That would be fantastic!.......... and i guess if i have my intense ozzy osbourne look on me then everyone even the trolls will be scared!

:LOL: we will have to sort a date and location :)

~Sam~ said:
Cracking shot, Matt and everything works so well together. The sky is great and the two sets of trails make it so interesting. The 'star' in the middle really does add to it. :)

I haven't tried this either and think I should do so every time I see a photo like this. In reality I suspect I am a little too lazy to put the effort in to leave the house at night!

Thanks Sam, I'm pleased that you like it :D I'm very picky on the locations that I'll use (y) you really should give this a go at least once I find it very satisfying and if you don't want to go out alone there are always TPers about to join in the fun :D

Day 6 - No Falling Here...

...They'll be no domino's falling here :D but this is very similar to a photo I initially shot almost two years ago, in that time I've learnt to put more thought into my compositions and much more knowledge of my camera and how it works (y) so hopefully that will show in this image as an improvement over the last time I did it :D

6/365 (737) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

You can see the original version of this photo that I shot nearly 2 years ago HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice composition and great thought factor in the shot , prefer this one for sure!!!!

Thanks Vince, I'm glad you prefer this one, as I think this one is so much better than my previous version (y)

It is a good idea to look back on your work and see how far you have come :)

Love the reflections and the pov. :)

It is a good idea to look back on your work and see how far you have come :)

Love the reflections and the pov. :)

Indeed Terri, and I've got two whole years worth to look back at for improvement :D glad you like it :D

much prefer this one too :)

Thanks Hayley, pleased you like the newer version (y)

A great improvement Matt - I'm hoping that I wil be able to improve a lot through doing this too.

A great improvement Matt - I'm hoping that I wil be able to improve a lot through doing this too.

Thanks Sarah, I think that over this challenge and 737 days thus far I have managed to improve my photographic skills, pleased that you like the photo from today (y) and I'm sure that you will see the same improvement in your own photography as I've seen in mine :D I think just the fact that you've got to use the camera every day makes you more familiar with it and it also has you looking for that photo (y) and if your anything like me you know when your photo is not that good and if you have to put a naff photo up it annoys you and drives you to make sure you do better, I know that's how it is for me :D

I love this... tho everytime i come on here someone has done a shot i want lol.... the amount of times i've changed last minute:LOL:

If i make it far enough then it would be good to have this to look back on:D

I love this... tho everytime i come on here someone has done a shot i want lol.... the amount of times i've changed last minute:LOL:

If i make it far enough then it would be good to have this to look back on:D

Thanks T, I'm confident that your going to make it to the end (y) and also glad that you like todays photo, and if you want to do one then go ahead (y) it would be great to see your take on it (y)

Matt

Love it! Much better than the previous one :D Great idea, too. Nice!

I've still got a couple of photos from early 2009 onwards... :LOL: :LOL: I took a lot more self portraits back then apparently!! :thinking:

Love it! Much better than the previous one :D Great idea, too. Nice!

I've still got a couple of photos from early 2009 onwards... :LOL: :LOL: I took a lot more self portraits back then apparently!! :thinking:

Thanks I'm pleased that you prefer the new version (y) I think it means that I'm showing improvement (y) looking froward to at least the one mandatory Selfy for you challenge (y)

Matt

Hah! My most recent selfy was when I had the 17-55 2.8 on hire and a simple arms length... Now that's gone back, I'm back to just the 50mm and the kit lens.. we'll see :p

The second trail adds to this, don't see that too often, like it

Thanks, I have a few location where I can get photo's like this but this is the only one where I've managed to do it without a fish eye :D

Hah! My most recent selfy was when I had the 17-55 2.8 on hire and a simple arms length... Now that's gone back, I'm back to just the 50mm and the kit lens.. we'll see :p

I look forward to seeing what you can come up with (y)

There was a first shot was there :thinking:

Yes there was :D didn't you see the link just below the photo :D

Well... I certainly prefer the composition of the new one, but the domino's seem much whiter in the old shot, which wb is correct or am I imagining it :thinking:

The white balance is correct on this new version, the previous one was done with flash and clearly I never got the white balance quite right, thought I still wasn't actually using RAW exclusively back then so no really correction options either :(

The white balance is correct on this new version, the previous one was done with flash and clearly I never got the white balance quite right, thought I still wasn't actually using RAW exclusively back then so no really correction options either :(
Ahhhhh... the new one is defo a (y) from me then, for what it's worth :D

Ahhhhh... the new one is defo a (y) from me then, for what it's worth :D

Cheers :D yeah the colours are really wrong on that old one, as these domino's are a faux ivory so they're certainly not as white as in that first photo would have you think :( at least that also shows improvement in my photographic eye :D

Nice one Matt :)

love all the ideas you are giving me and tricks to try :D

keep them coming Matt - got to keep practicing :) (thats me btw not you :LOL:)

keep them coming Matt - got to keep practicing :) (thats me btw not you :LOL:)

Well I've got a new rather expensive toy coming all the way from Germany in next week or so :naughty: that should be a lot of fun for project :nuts:

oh expensive toys are no good to me :( Cant afford them ..... now can we improvise and make one Blue Peter style do you reckon?

oh expensive toys are no good to me :( Cant afford them ..... now can we improvise and make one Blue Peter style do you reckon?

Well it's a posh touch that has cost more than you would believe for a touch, but the bonus is for like £15 you could buy a selection of light sabers from one of the sellers of the front, I did that when I was up in October :D

Nice :) so no Blue Peter moments just yet for us then :(

OMG I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!! and I arent going to stop wanting till I get one - or something like it anyway :LOL: (probably the torch and perspex rod :LOL:) That is an amazing shot :D

OMG I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!! and I arent going to stop wanting till I get one - or something like it anyway :LOL: (probably the torch and perspex rod :LOL:) That is an amazing shot :D

I know right, it's photo's like that have have made me just spend £111 on one :eek: thought it is brand new in box and they've been discontinued for a few years now, I did miss out on a used one in the classifieds for about half that a few months back, needless to say I was gutted, the also do a cheaper single colour version but me being me I had to have the expensive 7 colour version :wacky:

I forgot all about you starting a new thread for year Matt, found you and subscribed.

Hey buddy, I can forgive that you've been more than a little busy and stressed a little recently ;)

I like the light trails. Something I've been meaning to try and maybe will fit it into my 365 sometime (if we ever get a dry evening!). I especially like how you've got both roads in.

I like the light trails. Something I've been meaning to try and maybe will fit it into my 365 sometime (if we ever get a dry evening!). I especially like how you've got both roads in.

Thanks Lynn, it's something that I think every photographer should try at least once :D though I'm a light trail nutter, glad you like it :D

Thanks Lynn, it's something that I think every photographer should try at least once :D though I'm a light trail nutter, glad you like it :D
I'll need to learn how to it, then pick the right time (rush hour?) - is it better to have some light in the sky or really dark?

Back