My 1st portrait

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taking last summer.

The subject is my daughter and to me this is the best shot I have taking of her.

no extra light is used its all natural and also no photo editing has been done to it this is how it was shot.

3229_68950_16022009211723_george_young_m.Jpeg

Hi, she is gorgeous andits a lovely photo.

BUT i do think it could benefit from some minor editing - a bit of sharpening (looks a little soft? not sure if its slighly oof or just needs a sharpen), a bit of contrast and saturation maybe- her skin just looks a little flat and needs brightening.

Finally i think this would look really nice with square crop - theres just a bit too much black for me.

Anna

Pretty girl, and nice capture with some nice backlighting, but it is a pity that you did not either use a touch of fill in flash or a reflector to add some light into her face. I also agree that there is too much background which due to the dark tones is very overpowering.

I have done a couple of very quick edits to show how using a reflector would have lifted the face without blowing the hair any more, added a little sharpening and cropped to both square and upright formats.

georgeyoung2.jpg

georgeyoung.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the comments and the edits.

I can see your points and I am grateful for the them.

I didnt plan the shot it was just a spur of the moment thing on a family day out so all I was carrying was just my camera.

Back