My 6 week old baby :)

Edit My Images
Yes
As some of you may remember, when i joined i was pregnant and had bought myself a new DSLR when i sold my horses, to replace the dangerous hobby with a (slightly) safer one ......

Well, here is my son Josh
Born on Xmas Day (his due date) at 11:37pm after a 49 hour labour :eek:
Ive been taking piccies of him weekly and here is a selection of my best ones

3251235370_7e96e68b3d.jpg

3251236252_cd0c7490fa.jpg

3179805080_e7d0da661f.jpg

What do you think ?

Lovely set, #3 is a cracker!

49 hours!! That makes me wince and I'm a fella :)

Congratulations anyway :clap: and welcome to the world Josh :)(y)

congratulations!
lovely pics too, i took some of a friends baby at a similar age recently, what lens did you use, i found my nifty fifty and 24-70 f2.8 ideal, also got some macro shots of his little hands and feet
i found laying him in between some nice fluffy cushions or a rug the best way to get a nice simple background....
they always look so serious until they start smiling bless them!
i'm hoping that i'll be able to get some lovely shots of my own little one due in july
he's so cute by the way!!
cheers
marcus

Congratulations and hello Josh. :wave:

#3 for me too, a nice calm image.
My Mrs is at 32 weeks now, so will soon be snapping away myself. ;)

#3 is beautiful and congratulations.

awww, what a gorgeous little boy. Congratulations! These are a lovely

I am extremely new to photography and one of the things I want to be able to do is take some really good / more professional looking shots of my new baby when we decide to have one, it's such a precious time and so to be able to capture these moments, is excellent

hi natalie,
try getting in nice and close, pics of hands and feet are always lovely, you can use a close up lens, raynox dcr-250 i use for this they're about 40 quid and snap onto the front of your zoom
try getting a nice clean background, so like i said use cushions and rugs, up against a neutral wall
nifty fifties are awesome for this type of photography too, can recommend them!
photos near a large window/french doors, would give some lovely soft natural light too, especially if you have a nice reflector to reduice shadows on his face, i'm practicing ona friends baby who is about 6 weeks, in preparation for my own little boy due in july
cheers
marcus

I agree with the above about getting in close - I'm no expert in portraits, let alone baby portraits, but a friend popped round with a new arrival and I used the 100mm plus flash to get a few shots - I tried to close in and isolate from the cluttered background (our front room :)) Parents were pleased with the end results

Here's a couple I liked from the few I took

Emelia 1

Emelia 2

fantastic! love #1 best of all, how about big person little person interaction? like athena style pics, babys hand holding onto yours etc.
they look lovely in B&w or with a tint
how about some lovely facial close ups, make sure the focus in on his eyes
cheers
marcus

Number 2 of the second set for me Natalie but then I do have my daughter foot prints from the day she was born tattooed on my shoulder!

Awwww Congratulations, i love number 3, so natural ;)

Well done :)

Back