My Attempts at Street Photography

Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
I like all of these. I'm not an expert on this genre, but they all seem well executed and I know that they will become more interesting as time goes by.

Thanks guys just started to experiment with Street, plucking up the courage to get closer is easier said than done! I know I will get there its just practice, practice, practice.

I like number 2. A lot. Its got many thing s I think a street photo should have - people interacting with each other and context. I wonder if it could be improved by cropping some of the space to the front off, maybe as far as the second bollard

Hi Carol, Street photography can be a bit daunting at first but I'm sure you'll get really good at it as time gets on. I think all of these are a good first attempt but If you don't mind me saying they appear to lack a bit of confidence, and as others have said you could do with getting a bit closer or maybe cropping them a bit.

Once you get used to being seen with a camera you'll get some really excellent shots. It might be an idea to shoot with a longer lens at first or (even have someone else with you) while your confidence is building and then gradually use something shorter to get closer to what's going on.

Hope this helps and I'm looking forward to seeing your next set.(y)

George.

Thanks guys just started to experiment with Street, plucking up the courage to get closer is easier said than done! I know I will get there its just practice, practice, practice.

The trick is sometime waiting till they get closer then shooting,also No2 are great practice shots as street performer expect a certain amount of people taking photos of them,just take out a bit of change to give to them :)

Thanks everyone for you replies It is very much appreciated.

A good set Carol the last one is my favourite it has a bit of a grand feel with light from the receding roof. Decent processing on the images especially the first. Agree with Hugh a tighter crop on the selfie would improve it

Steve

Thanks Steve the first one I spent a bit more time on with the dodge and burn tool. It was also taken on a different day, it actually was my first street photograph! I also like the feel of the last although as I said it's probably not street. I will crop the selfie as suggested.

Cheers Carol

Back