My brother does a track day in Dad's car!

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
So my brother got to do a trackday at Mallory Park yesterday in our Dad's car (git! :p)!

I got to go along and get some pics for him. :LOL:

DSC_9764-01.jpg

DSC_9790-01.jpg

DSC_9836-01.jpg

DSC_9844-01.jpg

DSC_9892-01.jpg

DSC_9918-01.jpg

DSC_9955-01.jpg

Hope you like.

All uncropped, some minor play with the levels. D200 with 17-55 or 120-300 2.8. :)

Love them mate, absolutely crystal, like the angles especially the last shot.
I just want that morgan right now!

some nice panning going on there joe..(y)

md(y)

Nice images, I thought on Trackdays long sleeves must be worn and left long at all times??!!

Usual high standard Joe ... (y) ... AND it's Green ... :love:

Extra-Super images and big brownie points ... :D

So how come you didn't get to give it a go then ... :shrug:

:p

I wondered when the Morgan was going to put in another "apperance".
Great stuff Joe (y)

Nice images, I thought on Trackdays long sleeves must be worn and left long at all times??!!

Really? Wow, what a strange rule! Is that so that if you roll, and your arm falls out the window, the damage will be less....? 'Cos that's what would be on your mind at that moment.... :D

Oh that is it joe, just keep showing off :LOL:

I really like all of them mate, maybe the best one for me is the last one (y)

Tony

Great shots there Joe. What model is that loks like its had a few add-ons like the oil cooler at the front (y)

Dont you just love those Morgans. I went out in one a few months back......fantasic.
Lovely shots Joe.

Excellent series, you've done the car justice BIG time ... and you really captured the motion well. Thanks for posting these :), a pleasure to look at.

Thanks for all the kind words all. :)

For those of you not in the know, Morgans are still produced today pretty much like the one you see above. They are all handbuilt. A link to the company website is here.

My Dad's was made in '96 as you can see from the P-registration. It has been highly tuned from the original 190bhp, and it now makes c275bhp (not bad for a car weighing less than a ton). Not directly as part of the tuning, a new 'short' engine was put in after the old one destroyed itself. The original was the 3.9 Rover V8, and it was replaced with the 4.6 version. Much of the old engine remains and you can still see the 3.9 Litre inscription on the top!

:)

We had a 1980's plus 8 through our workshops recently. Owner had done a lot of work on it himself, quite a bit of which needed re-doing...

I like the look of Morgans, but I didn't like the driving position (and I'm used to some of the wierd driving positions you need on some classic cars) and the ride quality of this particular Moggie was shockingly awful!

Nice shots :)

It's alright Dad the car is still in one piece! Great pics btw!

It's alright Dad the car is still in one piece! Great pics btw!

Joe wasn't driving!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Great pictures Joe! I bet you all had a fun day out! Wish I could have gone to :( Bloomin' work!!!!!:(

#4 is nice, prooving that dead level shots sometimes look ok :D

I also like #2 a lot.

Back