My car

Name
Charlie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

I took this in summer, when it wasn't freezing and my fingers could still take pictures! Anyway, just getting round to posting it now, let me know what you think:

Also just found this one:

Your opinions are much appreciated!

Last edited:
don't mean to be harsh, but this just looks like a photo that you would put in autotrader to sell it.

like you said, you took it in the summer... so the options are there to maybe put the car into an open space eg. with a nice landscape behind, or in an industrial area.. something which will 'set the car off' from the background.

also, you could then have taken it when the sun was setting or just rising giving a nice glow to the ambient light.

as it looks here, it's just a red car in a lane, with it's lights on.

there's loads of examples on here where you can take ideas and inspiration from.. and don't worry about the cold you big sissy... :D

Never even noticed the grass through the windscreen, that was a bit of a fail on my part! Good spot.

Yeah I have been into VWs for ages, this is my first car though (only 18).

Thanks for the feedback, I will try and shoot in a more interesting location next time, I just took these on my way home, because the light seemed good that night.

Charlie.

Never even noticed the grass through the windscreen, that was a bit of a fail on my part! Good spot.

Yeah I have been into VWs for ages, this is my first car though (only 18).

Thanks for the feedback, I will try and shoot in a more interesting location next time, I just took these on my way home, because the light seemed good that night.

Charlie.

But it should be the road not grass?

If you look carefully, you can see the road. Obviously the grass is green on either side, but the road still appears with a green tint, presumably because of the 2 windows we're looking through.

I have edited it again to get rid of the greenery through the window, it was irritating me here are the results:

This looks better. Thought there is some green reflecting on the top left of the car :shrug: I don't have a lot of knowledge in editing so wouldn't know how to get rid of it. Maybe it would go if you turned the greens down in photoshop, which then turns them into greyscale. Not sure of the proper name for it!

Sammy

Can anybody not see it is the green reflection from the Tree`s above in the windscreeen? You call yourselves critics :LOL:;) A good effort but as mentioned a more selective surrounding would set if off.

Yes I can see it, also the car is not quite straight......

Great car at 18, the insurance though must make a 1Ds look cheap!!!

Paul

I have edited it again to get rid of the greenery through the window, it was irritating me here are the results:

but you have also removed the blue tint of the screen how about this

5260946615_5d22fc62d9_o.jpg

Not bad...a sharp photo but as mentioned...the surroundings don't make it anything other than a snapshot IMO

Also, get yourself a Circular Polarizing Filter for car shots...takes alot of the glare/reflection out of the bodywork/windows, as i'm sure you can appreciate it's a little distracting here

Is this the anniversary golf? Splitter just looks different

Luke

Not bad...a sharp photo but as mentioned...the surroundings don't make it anything other than a snapshot IMO

Also, get yourself a Circular Polarizing Filter for car shots...takes alot of the glare/reflection out of the bodywork/windows, as i'm sure you can appreciate it's a little distracting here

Is this the anniversary golf? Splitter just looks different

Luke

100% agree.

Also if you want to get rid of the green then select the area (ie window) and then go to the channel mixer and put the green channel saturation to the lowest (y)

Back