My first Airshow efforts (Kemble)

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Thoughts very much appreciated on these, didn't really know what I was doing to be honest so just employed my motorsport techniques when they seemed to fit the situation. Quite happy with how my D50 performed though, kept up on the auto-focus side of things and at full size some of these have some good detail for a cropped 6mp shot.

Please feel free to pull these apart, I want to learn/develop etc, not really sure what the done thing is with framing or any obvious pitfalls, so point them out...

313661920_BZbuo-L.jpg

313663441_eoBtj-L.jpg

313615807_JZPwW-L.jpg

313657614_2Mm9P-L.jpg

313665552_eCAaU-L.jpg

313662737_EiUpp-L.jpg

313630325_3h22d-L.jpg

and finally a happy accident, messed this up but I love the effect...

313616730_uahhu-L.jpg

Oh, I like:)

Maybe a spot of dodging, or curves adjustment on the darker bits to bring out some detail, but all well-framed and sharp, special credit for the Typhoon climbing! (#3)

really love # 1

:love:

Excellent shots, and you say this is your first effort :shrug: ... well done at that (y)

Think you have done well there! Nothing too wrong with those!

I'd use something to try and bring up the shadows a bit as there will be plenty of detail in there if you nudge it slightly - the Apache shot for instance (shame you lost the tip of the tail wheel as personally I think it just knocks the edge off of an excellent shot)

Some cracking shots there.
Something about #1 with it flying out of the black smoke. Looks very ominous!!
Also, liking all the afterburner shots. And also the soldiers in #4

Very nice set. The happy accidents are always welcome.
Dean:)

Looks a good show at Kemble......I'll get down there one of these days!.......good shots of the Role Demo........and a terrific Typhoon (7)......Cheers Barry

What lens were these taken with by the way?? Really nice set of images and from a little D50!!!

Nikkon 300mm f4 with a Nikon 1.4 TC attached. Love the set-up to be honest (especially for £700 inc. D50) but pining for a D200 or something a bit beefier now.

Quite hard shooting at 420mm prime all day, have some stunning 'almost' shots where a nose or tail is ever so slightly out of frame!

Number one is a belter :) Maybe just a bit of tweaking needed to bring out it's full potential, but it's cracking shot...as are all the others ;)

I would be happy with them for my first go (y), looked like a good show, forgot it was on, maybe next year, but have RIAT to look forward to :woot:

Back