My first attempt .....

Edit My Images
No
Photo of my grandson. Not yet ready to call my photos, portraits. Just practicing. Thank you.

Mazie

3282923718_002c43768f-1.jpg

Thank you. I'm really new to slr's. I have a nikon d40 which is sometimes too much camera for me :( and it's pretty intro I hear.

Hi Mazie,

Its does appear a bit soft to be, there also appears to be a blue mark on his forehead? And be careful not to chop bits of head off, not a bad start though :)

Hi Mazie,

Its does appear a bit soft to be, there also appears to be a blue mark on his forehead? And be careful not to chop bits of head off, not a bad start though :)

But in some circumstances shopping off a bit of head works nicely. Just gotta find the right composition ;)

Mazie - Hi - welcome to TP and the world of DSLR.

The good points about this shot are that it is quite a nice capture of him, looking a bit cheeky/showing off which I guess is what you were after. The exposure is good enough, and lighting is quite natural, guessing there was window to the left of him?

Unfortunately, it is out focus which is a shame. If you post your camera settings and the lens you used and how you took the image, then it will help identify what caused it and most importantly what you can do in the future to take a sharper shot.

Thanks,

A

Hi, Not bad for a first post. As said its either shaky or OOF or both. Practice as they say makes perfect

welcome mazie..

i tihnk its a good capture..

why not mess around with it, i did a similar photo and all i did was make it B&W and changed the levels to remove some of the cluttered background...

then for a laugh i colour popped the dummy and got this

good first attempt.

LOL, the blue mark was from a fair he'd gone to earlier and I didn't notice it until I took the shot!

I really have to work on the focusing thing. My eyesight isn't the greatest anymore. Sometimes things look okay but then....they are fuzzy.

WoW, who asked if the window was to the left? I was amazed. Truly .
It was a sliding glass door, open blinds exactly to the left of him. Wow.

I really have a lot to learn. I'm 47. Wonder if I have time!!! LOL

Thanks everyone. I'm really loving looking at everyone's photos. You're all very talented.

Mazie

I am yet to get a tripod and I'm still shooting in auto/portrait settings. So maybe the fuzzy look was shake?

Mazie

I've ordered the external flash, the 600 for Nikon. Plus a tripod. Should be here soon!

Mazie

Back