Critique My first Damsel of the year.

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
I was out with the camera on Friday while enjoying a walk round my local fishing lakes, and decided to have a go at taking a photo of a damsel as they seemed to be fairly still rather than darting about like normal. As always any comments or crit would be most welcome thanks in advance for taking the time to look.

Damsel

Damsel by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Ah nice one Mandy. I still haven't found time to go looking for these yet. Hope I get chance before the season's over.

My only crit would be that the leaf right in front of the damsel is a bit distracting, but not much you could have done about this. Nice image, I like the clean background and the contrast with colours.

Hi Mandy. A great shot of a Common Blue Damselfly (male). The body is sharp along its length, the background is nicely blurred to make the damsel stand out well. My only suggestion to improve it would be to crop in closer, to focus more on the insect. Other than that, there's not much wrong with it.

Hi Mandy. A great shot of a Common Blue Damselfly (male). The body is sharp along its length, the background is nicely blurred to make the damsel stand out well. My only suggestion to improve it would be to crop in closer, to focus more on the insect. Other than that, there's not much wrong with it.

Thank you very much fo,r the comments much appreciated.

Back