Critique My first Football shoot

Name
Eddy
Edit My Images
Yes

I would say a good effort for you first try but using the vertical format does little to help the pictures. For example picture 3 would be a great pic shot horizontal as it wouldn't of cut off the players leg. I hope you are not offended by my comment.

Not at all, thank you for the feedback! I did have a few horizontal shots as well, I just neglected to put them up! I do admit, however, that I was taking far more portrait shots. I found that when I was shooting in landscape I was chopping off feet and heads and felt like I was missing some of the action! I'm sure a little more control over my zooming the lens would have counteracted that problem... Food for thought!

I have chopped off many a head or foot and still do. I personally rarely take anything in vertical format as I use a monopod but that's not to say that for player portraits or players heading the ball it would be fine. I tend to take quiet a few portraits of players when the action has stopped for a fee kick or corners. The purists may say that they have no merit but the players seem to like them. Like with anything I like to think that practice will improve and my first attempt was no way near as good as yours.

try landscape orientation and sit down on a stool or the ground next time.

Back