My First Fungi Shot

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
This is my first ever Fungi shot. I used a Fuji X-T1 with a 105mm Micro Nikkor lens mounted via an adapter together with the flash set up that I have described in the show us your macro rig section mounted on the hotshoe.

Fungi (1)-1352 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Thanks for looking.,

George.

That`s nice I like it, did you use a tripod?

Thanks Poach, Much appreciated.(y)

No tripod was used just the camera on the ground resting on an old towel as the ground was wet. Exposure was 1/180th at F11 with flash on 1/4 power manual.

George.

It's good George, I like it, especially the composition. I think if I were to try to improve on it, I would try and keep the flash on the subject more and find a way to stop it filling onto the foreground. It's quite bright at the bottom of the frame and it's gets darker towards the back (as you would expect) but it's also gets dark towards the rear of the mushroom. Keeping it a bit darker up front would direct attention firmly on the subject (which is where you want it here). You could add a subtle vignette in post of course, but many would consider that cheating ;) I'm also not keen on the shadow cast on the mushroom "stalk(?)" by the cap. I think I would look at ways of softening that for future shots.

It's good George, I like it, especially the composition. I think if I were to try to improve on it, I would try and keep the flash on the subject more and find a way to stop it filling onto the foreground. It's quite bright at the bottom of the frame and it's gets darker towards the back (as you would expect) but it's also gets dark towards the rear of the mushroom. Keeping it a bit darker up front would direct attention firmly on the subject (which is where you want it here). You could add a subtle vignette in post of course, but many would consider that cheating ;) I'm also not keen on the shadow cast on the mushroom "stalk(?)" by the cap. I think I would look at ways of softening that for future shots.

Thank you good comments Tim, I know there is still quite a bit of improving to do on this new part of my photography but I'll keep practising.(y)

George.

Back