My first Jumper.

Edit My Images
Yes
I went for a walk in the woods today and couldn't believe the lack of things to point my lens at. I was just about to go home very despondent when i spotted a very small meadow type patch of grass with a few heather type flowers. So i walked over and the first thing i spotted was my very first jumping spider. It was me who was jumping i cant believe how excited i got.

The angle could have been better but i was to scared of frightening him off so settled for kneeling down above.

My first Jumping Spider. by T0P cat, on Flickr

Jumping spider side-on. by T0P cat, on F

This shot of him offering me a fight could have been sharper but it's the only keeper i got with him standing tall.

Jumping Spider, looking for a fight. by T0P cat, on Flickr

This little chap had so much character he charged at me a couple of times and kept turning about face then spinning back around.

I got quite a few pictures today that i was happy with, all i had to do was sit still and lots of creatures came to check me out.

A good looking fly, if there is such a thing.

Thomas Cunningham.jpg by T0P cat, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great set Thomas,

I would crop the LHS on #1

#3 is the best of the bunch what a great pose and looks like it is just about to pounce.

Fantastic shots and the fight shot is really superb.:D

I think you are correct about the composition Tintin. I have moved him further to left. He was very small and i have already cropped as much as i dare.

Thanks for the comments guys, this little chap has made my day.

Great set mate jumpers are great to observe. We are lucky they are not big a s mall dog or we would be on the menu.

The fly is a yellow dung fly waiting pounce of another fly.

Back