My First Kingfisher

Nice! It pays to persevere. I think I prefer the second one. The blade of grass/leaf on the first one draws my attention a little away from the bird, but I'd be happy if I'd taken either.

Another 1st kingfisher ... well done, especially starting at that time of the day!

1st looks a little soft but 2nd works very well, quite different to the usual kingfisher perch ... well done to you too :)

Another 1st kingfisher ... well done, especially starting at that time of the day!

1st looks a little soft but 2nd works very well, quite different to the usual kingfisher perch ... well done to you too :)
(y)
With Gramps here ,shutter speed way to low for sharp shots,they look clean so maybe upping the ISO next time

Only ever seen one of these beauties once. Lovely shots and worth the wait.

Well worth the time spent nice shots finding them is the hardest part

Excellent shots - I bet your heart was racing when it appeared :) Only ever seen one in the wild and managed a quick shot, but not good enough to really use. It has spurred me on to keep trying though.

I don't mind getting up really early as you seem to meet a better class of people at that time (all probably mad in the head like us) ;)

Dave.

Back