My first Kingfisher

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Well - got a few photos at distance before, but this is the first time I have managed to get close enough to have my heart rate go into triple figures :)

It was a wet day with 100% cloud cover - so nearly didn't bother going out - very glad I did now.

He didn't hang around - just a few seconds on the branch then off on his travels again.

Kingfisher - Old Moor RSPB
by davepsemmens, on Flickr

Dave.

PS - updated based on feedback from Brash and Joe :)

Last edited:
I'd be happy with that for my first. I'd clone out the smudges at the top right tho they are a bit of a distraction.

Well done on your 1st :)

Lovely shot with some nice detail. I'm planning to photograph some kingfishers soon & would be interested to hear what camera & lens set up you used?

Cheers T

Lovely shot with some nice detail. I'm planning to photograph some kingfishers soon & would be interested to hear what camera & lens set up you used?

Cheers T

Hi Tom - I used my Nikon D810 with a 300mm F2.8 for this shot. It was a damp, grey day so would hope for better results with better light and ideally a dryer subject (to help a bit with feather details) I do understand that they are normally wet though :)

I have managed some long range shots over the last few months but patience finally paid off with this shot.

Good luck with your pursuit :)

My next challenge is one fishing / with fish :)

Dave.

For your first it is a cracking image..............:)

Back