My first wedding .. results

Edit My Images
No
I did this wedding as a favour for a close friend of mines daughter .. I fought hard believe me.
But having lowered their expectations and realised that there was only a handful of guests, I bit the bullet and went for it.

Everyone thankfully seems delighted with the results and it was in reality an enjoyable learning experience for me.

Would I do another .. Mmmmm !!!

Here a few images from the day.

Thanks for looking.

View attachment 28788
View attachment 28789
View attachment 28790
View attachment 28791
View attachment 28792

Last edited:
Not my field of photography but the images are pleasing to me well done....
No's 2,3 and 4 stand out for me...
Out of interest what was your set up.......

Thanks, I have yet to find a "my field of photography" so don't really stick to a specific genre, which I need to in order to concentrate my learning, my 2015 target.

However, in answer to your question .. for the images 1,2,3,4 I used a Nikon D7100 with a Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 and a Nikon SB600 on auto flash for the indoor shots 1,2.
For image number 5 an Olympus OMD EM10 with an Olympus 45mm f1.8 attached, this is a new camera which I am still getting to grips with.

Throughout the day I mainly used the D7100 with the 24-70mm, but I also had a D300 with a wide angle lens attached but to be honest I rarely used it.
I will soon be selling the D300 hence the arrival of the Oly

For a firt try I've seen much worse.

A few things I'd of tried to imporve a little -

#1 I like this, I'd like it a lot more if it was either wider to include all of the lady with the hairspray of tighter to include non of her.

#3 I think I'd of left this out, purley on the grounds of her expression

#4 Is a good fun photo. More importantly it looks like you've started to think about how to use the environment a little. May of been imporved by heading a pace or two to your right.

#5 I sdon't think the angle flaters her, and I think for a set of photos then you should keep the processing constant.

I cont see why the variety of sizes and aspect ratios? Like your processing you really should be consistant with this

Really appreciate your constructive feedback "boyfalldown/Hugh" its exactly what I was after.

Your suggestion with #1 works great, as below
#3 the family like this one, pensive look as it was pre-wedding, I was playing around with #5 and again they like the Hollywood 50's feel to it. I agree though consistent processing throughout.

As for size and ratio, this again is just a bi-product of me messing around and cropping some areas of an image to remove unwanted backgrounds.

i have a lot to learn and your comments are a great help

Once again, thank you.

PhilView attachment 28797

Back