My girlfriend harassed on her pillow!

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
3628672838_11f4db797d.jpg

She doesn't like it. How can i improve it?

Looks good to me too. She's just too fussy. You need to get a new girlfriend. One that apprieciates your excellent togging skills. Hahahaha :)

Maybe its the being harassed that she doesn't like ;) My kids are always complaining about walking into a room and the paparazzi getting them :)

Nice sharp shot.

3628672838_11f4db797ddd.jpg

not sure if this is an improvement or not? Best get the girlfriend's opinion :D

stew

3628672838_11f4db797ddd.jpg

not sure if this is an improvement or not? Best get the girlfriend's opinion :D

stew

Defo not an improvement. Looks really odd like that. I suspect she doesn't liker it because people just don't often like photos of themselves. There's now't wrong with the photograph if you ask me.

Love the first shot. The look, the treatment, the angle. et al. It's all just lovely... even down to the fine use of shadow, and overall darkness. Great.

Sorry, really not so keen on the second version. all the things that I loved about the initial shot have been taken away. It's OK, but just OK, wheras the first post is much, much better than OK.

The vertical looks better for angle but as stated looks odd with the pillow on the wall as such, like the eyes in the vertical also but just too bright but picks out the eyes better which is key.
I think the pink of the lips distracts slightly on the second and makes it almost like a selective colour.
So i would say lighten the first, to pick out the eyes more, perhaps lessen the lip colour.

You could re shoot:D
I think the laid down shots work better if subject on there back and facing the camera to there left it isolates the face more if they look to the left and slightly up well back to lengthen the neck slightly this will be more flattering especially as it smooths out the skin on the neck under the chin.

Just a thought.
Your girlfriend will be the biggest crittic of herself but it is a good shot.

Last edited:
I like the first one, nice tones and textures. rotated seems a bit weird and being lighter seems to have lost some of that lovely tone.

girlfriends are rarely happy with pics of them (although when they are you know you've done an awesome job)

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately she moved to Guatemala yesterday...so thats the last shoot with her. Have to find a new model to shoot...drat!

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately she moved to Guatemala yesterday...so thats the last shoot with her. Have to find a new model to shoot...drat!

You must really have annoyed her, Guatemala is about as far as she could go from you :D

lol. She has some deep shadows under her eyes (us women don't like that because it ages us) Try bouncing some light back into the shadows with a reflector and/or diffuse the light a bit more.

Get her back pronto!

Last edited:
A reflector! Good idea. I didn't think about using one. I was just ****ing about before bedtime really.

Back