My girls

#1 is beautiful. Really like that.
thanks for looking! I have tried/am practicing having the flash off camera. The results haven't been great so far, can't add an example as my phone is playing up! But generally all I find is that no matter what power I use I get dirty big shadows!

You need to use a bigger light source so either a brolly or softbox and bring your subject away from the background. Easier said than done with youngsters I know, but it gives you something to work with for next time.

A big brolly/softbox will soften the light and cause it to drop off a bit quicker.

View attachment 23088
As mentioned, this is one of my attempts, having looked at this image again, I have also just realised her eyes/face are really soft. The soft box (if you could call it that) is box about 6"x6" which is tiny I accept, the flash was roughly 45degrees to her and at about 5' high. Therefore with these few bits any suggestions? Quite pleased with the result on camera, I can't however, get my head around it being off the camera!

Cheers for posting the videos, really enjoyed the digitalrev, useful! I'm using a lazolite ezybox speed lite which is a lite bigger, however really like the the idea of using a card in front of the camera flash when using it as the flash trigger! Cheers for taking the time to post

You're welcome. I have one of those coming too. :D

Here...

If you're using the pop up to trigger to OCF then consider buying a set of these...

Just makes life so much easier than figuring out if the pop up will make a difference to the exposure etc.

Really £5?? Forgive my total lack of knowledge but do these really work?? Spose for a fiver who cares!!

Haha, I have 3 :D

May be worth paying a bit exrra to get them from the uk so you're not waiting. I bought one from ebay which came from China and took about 2 weeks to come and then bought a double pack from amazon which were from a UK seller and came in less than 24 hours!!!

Work seamlessly with normal flash sync speeds.

What camera are you using?

Cool, I'll have a look at Amazon! I'm using a 70d with a nissin speedlight

Back