My Lego Friends in the Real World - Friday Night Pic Added

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
I will be honest, until Sunday, my only contact with lego since I was a kid was briefly during my gandsons birthday a few months ago, but I got talked into joining in with some lego fun over the weekend so here are a few of my first efforts. I am not even sure this section of the form is the right place for them, but as everyone else posts their lego pics here, I guess it's as good as any.

I only have a few bits that I grabbed from a toy store Sunday morning, so these are all Lego in the real world, as it were. Enjoy, c&c welcome, this is a totally new game to me.

1 - The Car Chase

Police Chase by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

2 - The Caffeine Heist

Caffeine Heist by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

3 - The Wet City Streets

Racing through the wet cite streets by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

4 - Free Lego-ing across London Rooftops

Free-Lego-ing across London Rooftops by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

5 - Lego in the Arctic - this was really just a test shot, need to do a proper set up

Lego in the Artic by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

ETA: All photographed with the Fuji X10 too, part of doing this is that I want it to be easy to set up anywhere and just be fun, so using the chuck in the handbag camera as well as chuck in the handbag toys :)

Last edited:
You need to get out more... end of..;)

Reactions: Yv
These are FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I've done some Lego ones, but not as good as these. :) The first one is great!

I loved Lego when I was a kid, and had masses of it! (Then my mother gave it away without asking me).

I might have to get some inspiration from these. :D

Last edited:
Maybe No 4 would have been better with the lego on the edge of the wall and a slightly lower angle to to give it the impression that they were on the road.
Great shots Yv and No 3 is best for me. :D

You need to get out more... end of..;)

out? out!! I was out on the bloody roof today to do that one :LOL:

This is my relaxation after a mad summer of weddings, events, commercial shoots and gawd knows what else - staying in a playing with toys is GOOD! :D

I loved Lego when I was a kid, and had masses of it! (Then my mother gave it away without asking me).

Thankyou, glad you like them, they are huge fun to play with ;)
Maybe No 4 would have been better with the lego on the edge of the wall and a slightly lower angle to to give it the impression that they were on the road.

#3 has been popular on FB too oddly enough ;) I know what you mean about #4 but it was genuinely on the roof of a two storey building [commercial, so more like 2.5-3 in house terms] earlier today and quite breezy, I was bit worried about them plunging to their deaths :LOL:

I did these a while back, but you've inspired me to do more, as they're so much fun to do.

(Hope you don't think I'm hijacking your thread x :) That's not my intent)

Building a snow man!

Fun in the Snow!
by Jackie XLY, on Flickr

"Think we're gonna need a bigger knife!"

Last edited:
Brilliant and very inventive. The only problem now is that if I try this genre....well it won't seem the same. I plagiarism springs to mind.

LOL good fun shots Yvonne :)

Brilliant and very inventive. The only problem now is that if I try this genre....well it won't seem the same. I plagiarism springs to mind.

Nah, don't be daft, do a search for lego on this forum and see how many people are doing it, definitely not original ;)

welcome to your 2nd childhood

LOL good fun shots Yvonne :)

Thanks all, much appreciated. ;)

Absolutely love them Yvonne, Very creative.(y)

George.

Absolutely love them Yvonne, Very creative.(y)

George.

Thanks George. :D

Oh, I should probably explain why there are two different watermarks... first couple were done over the weekend, then on monday I launched my new branding on the website and what have you, so the ones I did yesterday have the new watermark. I only just realised looking at them that it might look like I am a bit indecisive :LOL:

This is my relaxation after a mad summer of weddings, events, commercial shoots and gawd knows what else - staying in a playing with toys is GOOD! :D
need to get back on the medication I think :p

Fun shots though :)

Trust me, I plan on boring you silly with these over winter ;) Thankyou though

Bring it on I'm looking for food for thought.:)

George.

Get Stuck in, even I can do it... look

(@Yv, if you need the odd film crew, skelington (sic) or Indiana Jones just give me a shout...)

Number 3 is my favourite Yv, very american cop show. Your freezer seriously needs defrosting though!!!!

Jackie, I feel your pain, my mom gave away my special edition black Raleigh Chopper without asking. It scarred me for life. Not to mention, deprived me of a few quid when they took off again a few years ago. I am going now, to sob quietly to myself........

Number 3 is my favourite Yv, very american cop show. Your freezer seriously needs defrosting though!!!!

:LOL: fortunately, its not my actual freezer, its an old one at my partners business that is basically used for storing milk for tea/coffee and the odd packed lunch in the workshop [the fridge bit] and that's it. I was in there yesterday and noticed there freezer was a bit ropey, so cleared a lot of it back, but saved some near the back and will do a proper 'ice cave' shot when I have a few more figures to play with ;)

Jackie, I feel your pain, my mom gave away my special edition black Raleigh Chopper without asking. It scarred me for life. Not to mention, deprived me of a few quid when they took off again a few years ago. I am going now, to sob quietly to myself........

Worst thing is, is that she kept my bloody GEORGE MICHAEL CLOCK!!! :nailbiting:

Like 'em a lot, Yvonne. Might need to visit a toy shop and have a play!

Binty, hope that chunk of beef tasted as good as I looks... :drool:!

Fun shots. I have the x10 too, great little camera for travelling light.

I've just done a couple of Halloween ones. I'm on nights this weekend (when the clocks go back, grr), so I'll be doing more after the weekend.

Back