My Lego Life

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
I started a thread last week in the creative section to share a few lego pictures I have been snapping recently. However, for two reasons, I have decided to start a new thread in here. The first is that a small part of my thinks that lego has been done rather a lot and ergo I wonder if it can really be classed as 'creative'. The second and main reason is that I am hoping to continue this as a project over the winter months, so wanted an ongoing thread to add photos to as I go along.

HERE is the original thread for starters, but there are extra pictures in the flickr album I have created just for this, so if you are really bored, do go and have a look HERE

To give a little background, I have @Tori_T @kelack and @SarahLee to thank for persuading me to start with this whole farrago, so thanks ladies :p At the moment, I only have a few figures I grabbed in a local toyshop a couple of weeks ago, plus I was gifted a few more today by a friend that she had raided from the kids playroom. I don't really want to go down the route of buying the large lego toys as the idea for this project is that it is easy to do, easy to carry around and set up anywhere, so it will very much be Lego in the Real World, but more figures will be added to the collection as the weeks go by. To that end, most of the photos will also be taken either with the Fuji X10 or even my phone camera, though a few nikon ones may sneak in from time to time. Nor do I plan to set myself targets, I might go several weeks with nothing, then have a flurry of pictures because several opportunities presented themselves all at once. If that happens, so be it, this is a project for fun and relaxation, I work with cameras and photos all day and every day, so this is going to be the flip side of that coin with no pressure to produce to deadlines etc.

So, to get this thread rolling, here is one I quickly set up tonight, just on my desk, as the new boys meet the existing gang.

Old Meet New by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

All C&C is welcome of course and these are simply designed to make me [and hopefully you] smile through a cold wet and miserable winter. ;)

Last edited:
Great stuff Yvonne - not a bad idea actually.. with the weather closing in its going to be harder for me to get out and about with my disability so I may well start something similar to keep my eye in over the winter months :D

Great stuff Yvonne - not a bad idea actually.. with the weather closing in its going to be harder for me to get out and about with my disability so I may well start something similar to keep my eye in over the winter months :D

As someone said to me the other day, you are never too old for lego :D Have a go, plenty of opportunity just sitting around your own home/garden (y)

I think it is creative as you are creating images that would have never ever existed. I do something similar using 3D graphics.

:LOL: yeah I know, a good part of me can argue in favour of it too, but as this is the projects section, it seems most appropriate overall ;)

I suppose shots like this could go in almost any section apart from the wildlife one!

Look forward to seeing more, Yv.

Reactions: Yv
I love these sets:) how on earth do you get these low angle shots without cricking your neck? Maybe I find it difficult because I'm nearing my twilight years

I love these sets:) how on earth do you get these low angle shots without cricking your neck? Maybe I find it difficult because I'm nearing my twilight years

Someone asked me today if I get down on the floor :LOL: I will bend down or kneel usually, because I am using either a compact camera or my phone, I can see the LCD without having to get right down there. The tube station ones today for example, I was actually sitting on a bench and just bent down from there.

This one is a bit random, but never mind that. I do a lot of work with the Mayhew Animal Home and was there this morning getting some photos for them with a celeb in attendance. However, once all that was done, I still had a few minutes left on my parking and wanted to get something with the lego people. It was very windy and I struggled to get them to stand or even sit outside without blowing over, so a bit of improvisation was needed, by way of a wound down car window ;)

Lego at the Mayhew Animal Home by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

What do the spanner m*nkeys think of Legos playing in their tool chests?

These are FAB!!! I've been doing a few Lego ones of late, too. Great for practice in a miserable winter, and lots of fun to do!!
(I did start a Lego thread, but no one joined in, :oops: :$) Here: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/lego-photos.565199/

Might be better in creative Jackie, thats where most lego is, I am only using this section because I want it as a kind of record as I'm not doing a blog of them. I can move it over if you want to try ;)

Mine got all a bit chilly recently

Don't Lego by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

Found myself waiting on a side street today so I wanted to get some lego street photograpy, but the wind put paid to that, even with the bases attached. So we retreated back to the car and cheated a bit ;)

lego street photography by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

Lol I feel your pain hun - was windy here when I was trying to get some Lego shots the other and its a nightmare to try and sort... short of bring along a blob of blue-tac to hold them in place and Photoshop out later lol

Lol I feel your pain hun - was windy here when I was trying to get some Lego shots the other and its a nightmare to try and sort... short of bring along a blob of blue-tac to hold them in place and Photoshop out later lol

I know, I was sitting there thinking of the pack of blu-tac in my desk drawer 8 miles down the road. :rolleyes: I do have some of the little black stands in the carry box, like used in this tube shot, but even they weren't enough to keep them upright.

Lego - Day 5 of 5 B&W Photos in 5 Days by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

Cracking set Yvonne I love them all :)

Might be better in creative Jackie, thats where most lego is, I am only using this section because I want it as a kind of record as I'm not doing a blog of them. I can move it over if you want to try ;)

That'd great, cheers!

ALL these Lego pics are fab!! :)

this is so much more fun than the 52 shot projects i see all the time!!

Back