My LEGO Thread

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I keep not wanting to make a thread for my LEGO pictures because I only take one or two at a time... So I'm just gonna put them all in here.

I'm always open to constructive criticism and feedback. I'm also keen on getting new ideas, so fire away...

In date order...

The Cadburys Drumming Gorilla

Cadbury's Drumming Gorilla by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Cadbury's Drumming Gorilla
by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad
by Tom Cash, on Flickr

LEGO Snow Adventure

LEGO Snow Adventure
by Tom Cash, on Flickr

LEGO Snow Accident
by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks peeps! Generally a lot of love for the last one and it was a really off the cuff idea. Very pleased! Thanks again. :)

I love this, very creative with the lego and lighting. Love the Dexter one if I'm honest.

fantastic set - love the first two in particular, the cadburys and the colour you chose for the background, perfect :)
Thank you! I tried to emulate the background in the advert! It was just a piece of purple card! :D

Drumming Gorilla, Work in Progress
by Tom Cash, on Flickr

I love this, very creative with the lego and lighting. Love the Dexter one if I'm honest.
Thank you! To date, this one of my most technical setups. It was the one I was also most pleased with so far.

LEGO Dexter, Work in Progress by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Brilliant... I love Lego photography...
Thank you. :D

Last edited:
B/W ones are my fav well done mate. Do you ever think to yourself as your shooting ''what if someone could only see me now'' :whistle::exit::D

Thank you! I do it because I love seeing other peoples setups too. I recently came across a really good setup on Flickr using foam board. I've now rebuilt my entire setup to copy... His ideas were great and SO versatile. I'll be posting up my new, inspired, layout soon. :)

Good work....

I especially like the rubber band ball picture....

Thank you! I tried to emulate the background in the advert! It was just a piece of purple card! :D
And I'm guessing the camera was mounted on a Gorillapod?
Sorry :coat:
Cracking set and actually the "drummer" for me (y)

Thanks folks!

Cadbury used my Gorilla pic at the weekend on their Facebook and Twitter. That was pretty awesome.

https://BANNED/CadburyUK/status/432597810534682624

Then I've not long finished making this as a celebration of our Bronze at the Winter Olympics!

Jenny Jones wins Bronze for Team GB at Sochi 2014
by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Progress shot to follow.... Just cleaning up......

Last edited:
Love these, so much effort, rewarded by so much fun viewing them, brilliant. Followed you on FlickR.

Thank you! I followed your back! You've got some excellent work up!!

Here's the work in progress for my Sochi shot for anyone who is interested....

Sochi 2014 LEGO Olympics, Work in Progress
by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Cheers!, this is so far away from what I shoot, I usually tend to just look at my similar genres but I can see that's really a mistake as I miss gems like this, this is fantastic, never ceases to amaze me how diverse photography is, will look forward to seeing more, your b&w shot of the singular guy sat down looking glum is just as emotive as a human shot, it conveys lots of feeling, which is bizarre if you think that it is basically a plastic figure, I guess that's your talent as the photographer coming through being able to relate that as human feeling, so cool. Keep it up.

Super set of images, well executed. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing more.

First class thread & now subscribed so looking forward to more (no pressure on you :eek: ).

Also thank you for sharing your set up/s much appreciated (y)

Thanks folks!

Cadbury used my Gorilla pic at the weekend on their Facebook and Twitter. That was pretty awesome.

https://BANNED/CadburyUK/status/432597810534682624

That is so cool, you know you've made it when you have chocolate appreciation, do you get free choco for life now ?

Cheers!, this is so far away from what I shoot, I usually tend to just look at my similar genres but I can see that's really a mistake as I miss gems like this, this is fantastic, never ceases to amaze me how diverse photography is, will look forward to seeing more, your b&w shot of the singular guy sat down looking glum is just as emotive as a human shot, it conveys lots of feeling, which is bizarre if you think that it is basically a plastic figure, I guess that's your talent as the photographer coming through being able to relate that as human feeling, so cool. Keep it up.
That's really very flattering - thank you! :)

Super set of images, well executed. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing more.
Thank you! :)

First class thread & now subscribed so looking forward to more (no pressure on you :eek: ).

Also thank you for sharing your set up/s much appreciated (y)
You're my first thread-subscriber ever so a big thank you there! :) And no worries. I always find that there's something a little exciting about seeing other peoples behind the scenes stuff and that's what drives me to keep posting mine. I just need a better camera for it! My phone doesn't do some of the setups justice.

That is so cool, you know you've made it when you have chocolate appreciation, do you get free choco for life now ?
Hahaha, I don't think so. I'm happy with my tweet and 10 new followers. It's taken me to over 900, which is excellent! :D

I like the breaking bad one, excellent :)
Thanks you! :D

I have to say they are
Awesome!!
I really like the Lego Beauty, such a good idea. And lets fave it, what a great excuss to play with lego. I'm gonna show the boy these when he gets home from school.

Nice one, congrats (y)

Back