My LEGO Thread

Habitual a great big thanks for sharing, so openly, your set up - much appreciated :clap:

Wow I was expecting you to come back with a really complex and hugely expensive setup lol.

Definitely inspirational and they all tell a story of sorts which is brilliant looking forward to seein more.
Haha, no no, not at all. It's all pretty standard stuff as you've now seen. I love getting creative with what I have around the house.... Today I bought some donuts..........

Habitual a great big thanks for sharing, so openly, your set up - much appreciated :clap:
You're very welcome! I've nothing to hide. I've gradually developed my ideas from seeing other ideas - so I am just returning the favour to the community.

:agree:
Yeh thanks for sharing. Very impressive. Defiantly gonna have a bash.
Thanks!! I don't circulate too much on here, so please, drop me a PM when you've done some! I'd love to see them!

Here's what I've been up to tonight.

Homer and his GIANT Donut by Tom Cash, on Flickr

I think my DoF was too shallow. I'm not quite used to this macro lens yet. f5.6 has a very shallow DoF compared to my other lenses...

ha ha brilliant, this thread is pretty addictive I keep coming back in the hope there is more lol

Haha, no no, not at all. It's all pretty standard stuff as you've now seen. I love getting creative with what I have around the house.... Today I bought some donuts..........

You're very welcome! I've nothing to hide. I've gradually developed my ideas from seeing other ideas - so I am just returning the favour to the community.

Thanks!! I don't circulate too much on here, so please, drop me a PM when you've done some! I'd love to see them!

Here's what I've been up to tonight.

I think my DoF was too shallow. I'm not quite used to this macro lens yet. f5.6 has a very shallow DoF compared to my other lenses...

No I like it!

Don't forget, the amount of DoF you have is a calculation based on your focal length, focal point, aperture and sensor size.

On your 6D, your 50mm lens focused at 50cm has a DoF of 3cm at f5.6. The 100mm lens with everything else the same will have a dof of just 0.7cm!

Have a play with the DoF calc to see what you can change to get a similar DoF. You can also get a DoF app on your smartphone or tablet if you have one.

http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

Thanks again for the excellent behind the scenes info.

No I like it!

Don't forget, the amount of DoF you have is a calculation based on your focal length, focal point, aperture and sensor size.

On your 6D, your 50mm lens focused at 50cm has a DoF of 3cm at f5.6. The 100mm lens with everything else the same will have a dof of just 0.7cm!

Have a play with the DoF calc to see what you can change to get a similar DoF. You can also get a DoF app on your smartphone or tablet if you have one.

http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

Thanks again for the excellent behind the scenes info.
I best get reading!!! Thank you & apologies for such a delayed reply - appreciate your help. :)

ha ha brilliant, this thread is pretty addictive I keep coming back in the hope there is more lol
Some cracking photos here
love lego themed photos and yours are great. look forward to more
Love the Homer Simpson set :D
Thanks guys!! Really appreciate all the kid words and LEGO love.

My LEGO photography is now on hiatus until the winter but I will have a few special NYC related LEGO treats after I've visited the Big Apple next month...

One of our you wedding togs out there ;) My little lad made me this ....

lego%20wedding.jpg

all those pictures gave me big smile on my face. maybe i need to borrow some lego from daughter and try lego creativity :) great.

@photogwannabe Oh man, completely missed that!! Only a third of a year later!... That looks awesome! I think you've nailed it with the editing too! Good work. :D

Last edited:
Good to see you adding too this thread again Tom :)
The lighting is nice on the Justin one and I think the noise with the mono works well.
I also link the lighting in the gingy pic, he looks like he's in an ovan.

Back