My lhasa apso

Edit My Images
Yes
Here is one recent picture of my boy. I would love for you to give me as much critique as you can. I am only just starting out, so anything you have to add would be great, as I need some guidance. (Excuse his messy look, hard to believe, that this photo was taken not even 24 hours after bathing and full groom:LOL:)

Thank you!
Zuzana

Last edited:
Lighting conditions aren't ideal, but all things considered, it looks pretty good.

I think it'd be better if he was looking at us. :)

Thank you for stopping by! I do have quite a few of him looking towards me. I liked this one because he was looking away and into the Sun, therefore his eye colour was lighter and that made it interesting to me:)
Thanks for your comments!(y)

I like the fact he is looking away as with all the hair you can lose some shape when looking at the camera, would have been nice with more of the dog on the left and less of the sun/beach on the right but nice capture and nice lighting in the eye :)

I like the fact he is looking away as with all the hair you can lose some shape when looking at the camera, would have been nice with more of the dog on the left and less of the sun/beach on the right but nice capture and nice lighting in the eye :)

Thank you for your comments! Yes, I agree, would have been better to have more of him. Will look out for it next time(y)

Here is another one. This is the look he can give, when he wants me to leave him in peace. He is such a funny character:love: It's hard to capture him sleeping, as when I take the camera out, he always watches me like a hawk. So this is as close to sleeping as it gets lol
Again, any comments whether positive or negative appreciated!

Last edited:
Here is another one. This is the look he can give, when he wants me to leave him in peace. He is such a funny character:love: It's hard to capture him sleeping, as when I take the camera out, he always watches me like a hawk. So this is as close to sleeping as it gets lol
Again, any comments whether positive or negative appreciated!

Reminds me of the Apso i had, they are Guard dogs after all so very aware. I like the second as well, both have catchlight in the eye which i like.

The image looks good... I might do a subtle vignette to emphasize the face a wee bit, other than that, I think it's a winner.

Thank you very much! I am not sure I like the vignette... I never tried it on any of my images, as I only have Picassa at the moment (and I don't think it's on there).

Reminds me of the Apso i had, they are Guard dogs after all so very aware. I like the second as well, both have catchlight in the eye which i like.

They are great dogs, aren't they! So funny! And you are right, they always have to know what's going on - everywhere:LOL:
And thank you! I always try to have the catchlight there.

What do you think of this one? Taken yesterday in these pools that were left behind by the super low tide :) His first time in the sea....
Any suggestions welcome, please.

1 is lovely, perhaps a slight righthand crop, ditto to 2, which is my favourite, but I think I would slightly crop down his bed, too much of it, I find it distracting, there is almost a natural point where the bedding moves to being much black, and again the last 1 I would crop on the left.

Ill leave it to someone who knows a lot more than me to advise you properly.

Cute doggy.

Here is one I took of him on his birthday this Monday. What do you think?

PS: I am aware I need to clean up around the flower, just don't have the software to do it. Any suggestions on this would also be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks for looking!;)
xx

Personally would leave it all in colour, looks like a nice shot but personally think the selective colouring ruins it :)

Personally would leave it all in colour, looks like a nice shot but personally think the selective colouring ruins it :)

Kind-of agree
It is probably just the way that /I/ like things, but try desaturating it to 20%, rather than the 0% it is desaturated to now.
That way you still get the 'hint' of colour, and the dandelion will still pop out

Back