My local boxing day hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Just going through my mountain of shots that i havent post processed. Here are some shots i took at my local hunt on boxing day.

comments and critique always welcome. thanks

Nice pics mate, where abouts were they taken ?

Pity you had nothing better to do on boxing day than terrorise innocent creatures.:razz: :thumbsdown:

Pity you had nothing better to do on boxing day than terrorise innocent creatures.:razz: :thumbsdown:
Rude and totally uncalled for. This is a photographic board - if you can't comment on the photos please keep your political opinions to yourself.

Some fantastic shots there. I'm not totally sure about your choice of border but, hey, I'm usually too idle to add a border of any type.

Thank you for reminding me why I'm striving to be in a position to emigrate. It's people like you who spout forth nu-labour propaganda from a position of ignorance that make this country the miserable place it is today. Can't you have some positive thoughts on a day like today?

A good set of pics, my favourite would be #2 if it wasn't for the hound having a dump! :D

I wanted to cover our local hunt this year but family commitments prevented me from doing so, it's always a good day out with plenty of photo opportunities, I particularly enjoy winding up the antis by taking pics of them. :LOL:

Maybe you should aquaint yourself with all the facts before making statements like that but as CT said this is a photography forum and there is no fun in a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.

Happy New Year everyone!

:beer:

Very nice shots.... and whatever you think about the hunt....this person was just TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS!

Great Pictures of the Hunt.....keep up the good work...:)

Well it looks like a great place to take pictures - which is what a photographer does. If I was there I'd have taken pictures too.

Love the expressions in #5 both on horse and rider - exactly as you'd expect them to look :)

Thank you for reminding me why I'm striving to be in a position to emigrate. It's people like you who spout forth nu-labour propaganda from a position of ignorance that make this country the miserable place it is today. Can't you have some positive thoughts on a day like today?

I couldnt agree with you more. You took the words right our of my mouth. Fortunately my other half is a Canadian citizen and we are walking away from everything within the next six months. Totally fed up to the teeth with people like that. My size, strength and short temper doesnt do me any favours trying to deal with it either.

King.

As for the photos,... nice indeed. Might be worth de saturating the red a little as some of the shots are a little bio hazzard bright. On my macbook anyway,...

Just noticed the dog pooing in photo 2 great shot! 4&5 are my favorites but you captured the hunt rather well. Now you need to get a horse, ride with the hunt while taking pics.... Then you get mad kudos!

Just noticed the dog pooing in photo 2 great shot!

I went on a very posh very expensive days pheasant shooting once on a private estate. We all gathered outside what was a huge virtual stately home waiting for the lady of the house to appear with her gamekeeper, when to everyone's horror one of the guests labs deposited a huge pile of steaming poo right on the top step outside the house!! :eek:

Just then Her Ladyship appeared all togged and booted for the day, eyed the poo, and as she stepped over it remarked..

"What a splendid tuppence!" :LOL:

Great shots.....Love the dog pooing shot, where abouts is this if its local?

Comments from jamiej :razz: Try and think before tapping the keys??

As already pointed out this thread has faired slightly better than my other one on ocuk. still the odd pointless comment, but i guess that will happen on any forum.

i wasnt involved in the hunt, just there to take pics. its the second year i have been and i feel these pics are a good improvement on last years.

thanks for the comments so far, they are as always much appreciated.

i will have to check the name of the place where it was but its at a pub on the way to newark if you know where that is :).

First my thoughts on the pictures, they are ok, nothing more than that. I notice that some of the horses were very well turned out, I think if you had concentrated on shots of them you'd have got much better results.

And now the comments, I don't think jaimej's post was pointless, jumped the gun a bit and harsh maybe but certainly not as harsh as some of the responses to it. If the hunt was a genuine fox hunt (I've not seen anything anywhere to say wether it was or not) then what they were doing was illegal.

We all make our own choices in this world, Antc posted these images of what was possibly an illegal gathering on a very emotive subject and to expect no reaction other than 'nice pic' is to be honest living in dreamland.

We all make our own choices in this world, Antc posted these images of what was possibly an illegal gathering on a very emotive subject and to expect no reaction other than 'nice pic' is to be honest living in dreamland.

It wasn't antc's reponsibilty to ascertain whether this was an illegal hunt or not and there's absolutely no reason to jump to the assumption that it was. It's not so long ago we had graphic images of druggies shooting up which we rather unwisely allowed on the board IMO, when any newspaper would certainly have blanked out the faces of people engaged in what is most definitely an illegal activity. I don't remember many people protesting about those images.

Now can we please draw a line under whatever our personal opinion is on this particular subject and confine our comments to the pictures?

Thanks you!

It wasn't antc's reponsibilty to ascertain whether this was an illegal hunt or not and there's absolutely no reason to jump to the assumption that it was. It's not so long ago we had graphic images of druggies shooting up which we rather unwisely allowed on the board IMO, when any newspaper would certainly have blanked out the faces of people engaged in what is most definitely an illegal activity. I don't remember many people protesting about those images.

Now can we please draw a line under whatever our personal opinion is on this particular subject and confine our comments to the pictures?

Thanks you!

It's not so long ago we had graphic images of druggies shooting up which we rather unwisely allowed on the board IMO, when any newspaper would certainly have blanked out the faces of people engaged in what is most definitely an illegal activity. I don't remember many people protesting about those images.

Not wanting to drag this out but as a matter of interest did you?

Not wanting to drag this out but as a matter of interest did you?

Steep I don't intend to let you drag it out mate. ;)

As a matter of fact I did express my disquiet at the time, if not in the thread certainly amongst the staff.

And I do remember there being a fair bit of discussion over whether those shots should be there.

As already mentioned perhaps jaimiej's post jumped the gun a ways - but the proceeding response from all is what's really shocking.

:|

Sorry antc ... thread closed!

If anyone wants to open a civilized thread of discussion in Off Topic that's fine, but I don't intend to let this thread continue in this vein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back