My New Kitten!

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
Meet Jet, who has already filled in the void left behind by my much loved Chad.

Jet141.jpg

CUTE!!!
Well done getting all the detail in the black fur.

Last edited:
Like Ruth said, well done getting the detail in the black fur.

Hope you've got plenty of Elastoplast in the cupboard along with Germolene (other antiseptic creams are available!) - those claws and teeth look sharp! Better keep an eye on dangling camera straps etc - they WILL get pulled and the camera might hurt little Jet when it's tugged off the table!

Enjoy him. (I'm assuming he's a he or is she named for the Gladiator? [Mmmmmmmmmm......... ;)])

Cheers for the lovely comments! I am pleased to say that he is settling in very nicely, already established that he is a lap cat as he seems to want to spend more time laying on me than doing anything else.
The camera gear are kept on the floor under the telly so hopefully you won't get to hear news of a broken D7000 and a hurt Jet.

Sorry about the shocking image of me not looking at my best in the morning but you can see the look of contentment on Jet's face . . .

2014-04-06-741.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh so cute great shot too perfect exposure
We've got 3 black cats and there very difficult to photograph when I get the camera out they come straight to me to see what I'm doing instead of sitting still!

Ahh so cute great shot too perfect exposure
We've got 3 black cats and there very difficult to photograph when I get the camera out they come straight to me to see what I'm doing instead of sitting still!

I know exactly what you mean! It took dozen of attempts to get the ideal kitten pose and when I thought I had the money shot, the exposure or focus were off . . . then I had this idea of dangling a bit of string above him - that worked.
I've kept black cats in all my life (I'm 46) but this one is yet to work out that dark hallways and black cats does not go well together.

Last edited:
LOL Cute Ian (y) (that is cute cat, not cute Ian IYSWIM :D)
Great expressions on both images :)

:-D Chris. I think the second photo needed a filter . . . in the form of a paper bag over my face.

Here's Jet getting to have his first taste of the outside world earlier on this afternoon since the weather has turned out fine, all under my watchful eyes of course. This was taken with the Panny TZ45 bridge camera set to P mode and 2/3rd underexposure, it's where it is quick and easy in handling this kind of situation - a fast moving kitty in strong sunlight.

JetInGarden.jpg

Last edited:
And a gob shot as well (y)
:D

Looks a tad on the vicious side to me........................:)

I have to ask; is he a shoulder rider or did you have to glue him to your beard? ;)
I believe he started out as a small mole, just under Ian's ear and it went from there :D

He's fabulous! You've obviously both got years of trouble ahead! (y)

I have to ask; is he a shoulder rider or did you have to glue him to your beard? ;)

:D I think once he felt the fuzz, he had grown attached to it. :love:. But, afriad that he is a shoulder rider - and right now he is fast asleep on my shoulder as I type this. I wonder when it will get to a point where he'll be too big and heavy to carry on doing that.

He's a lovely little chap - hope you guys have a long and happy time together - and keep the shots coming!

cheers, cw

Aww, thanks, and I will do! Especially as he grows bigger and more streamlined.

Once he's denadgered he'll almost certainly get bigger - not so sure about the streamlining though!

Once he's denadgered he'll almost certainly get bigger - not so sure about the streamlining though!

:D Thats true, once he has that done along with the chip and jabs, there's no telling what kind of shape he'll take on. Mind you, Chad, my former black puss, was a neutered male and he was sleek and slender.

With a bit of luck and plenty of outdoor exercise he should be able to keep the ounces off! Ours grew out of shoulder riding at about a year - Mum stopped wearing thick jumpers and she (Maisie, the cat) was getting too big and sharp to cling onto thinner clad shoulders!

PMSL I'm glad to see you don't spoil him :D

:D And continuing the cuteness overload theme, this is just a snapshot taken this morning on my Nokia N8 but it shows Yves's idea of Jet being a "shoulder rider". You may just about make out the redness on my neck where he has been suckling on it.

Catonshoulder.jpg

Last edited:
He looks like he's smiling.. i could say you both have a similiar expression lol :D

He looks like he's smiling.. i could say you both have a similiar expression lol :D

I had thought about dyeing my beard and hair black to match, but I'd probably end up looking like Captain Haddock in the Adventures of Tin Tin. Blistering barnacles!

Hahahaha... As much as it's rather cheeky of me, i can't argue, you would!!:D..

You'd make quite a pair together then wouldn't you and sure beats a typical parrot:banana:

I'm not sure how I know this or why, but I'm pretty certain you're a bad influence on that kitten! :p

As one who shares similar colouration, I wouldn't recommend any modifications to beard colour - it looks odd! Stick with the ginger chin fringe and let the badger stripes of grey do their job of making you look distinguished!!!

This morning, I was testing the nifty fifty on my D7000 in readiness of a quick fashion shoot involving my sis and Jet just happened to be close by as a test subject, so I took a shot of him and never thought any more about it. But when I came cross it on the monitor an hour later, I thought, "oooh, that's nice" and decided it may be worth showing in here. Not sure where I stand on getting the eyes in focus, etc, but I rather like this accidental shot anyway.

Catman.jpg

Cuteness beyond cuteness and to be honest any focal issues are irrelevant due to said cuteness:D

You must have been reading my mind because the last couple of days i've been meaning to pop in here and say i have withdrawal lol

Awww, then my work is done! I have to thank my sister for coming across Jet in the first place, he was especially reserved so that once he was weaned enough, he can move in with me.
He is now very nicely settled in where he knows his way around the house, which saves me having to carry the litter tray and food box.

Haha yeah i can imagine that bit is quite nice, he'll be boss in no time, or his he already:D

I request on going photos here please:)

Haha yeah i can imagine that bit is quite nice, he'll be boss in no time, or his he already:D

I request on going photos here please:)

:D I'm sure there'll be more photos to come but indeed, he is already The Boss - I think he's going to be quite the ruler when he gets older and wiser. I'm also pleased that I can already see the old Chad in him, eg; he sits quietly on the end of the bath when I'm having a long soak!

Last edited:
Awwww now that is sweet, more often than not cat's hate being near a bath, or mine did anyway:)

Back