My New Kitten!

Cute as a button!

Cute as a button!

Hi Nod! Hope you are keeping well and enjoying this kind spring.

My next door neighbour, who is a bit of a rough sort, came around to apologise for the noise her son made last night (he suffers with ADHD and had a meltdown) but the moment she saw Jet sitting in my arm, she melted! Seems Jet is going down a storm.
He's currently clinging to my neck suckling away. Again. I wonder when he'll grow out of it, but he seemed to have got bored of being a shoulder rider.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Soaking up the afternoon sunshine as he slept on the computer table.

Jet+in+sun.jpg

Is it just me or does he look like a baby werewolf in that shot?

Anyway, he's finished plotting, he's now just waiting to hatch his evil plan next time Ian thinks he's being cute going for a shoulder ride...

Is it just me or does he look like a baby werewolf in that shot?

Anyway, he's finished plotting, he's now just waiting to hatch his evil plan next time Ian thinks he's being cute going for a shoulder ride...

:D

This is him a few minutes ago, it does look like he is already getting too big to do this, but he won't give in.

I also need to go the bathroom . . .

2014-04-25-1139.jpg

But he was much more active earlier on this morning as he took on the form of a spider monkey . . .

Hoo-man.jpg

Yep! Have to be careful not to stand close to anything he is sitting on, he certainly has a spring in his step.

Damn I'd be screaming around the house with those claws... It's bad enough when they decide to attack your feet in the middle of the night :D

Damn I'd be screaming around the house with those claws... It's bad enough when they decide to attack your feet in the middle of the night :D

Oh he does that as well, snapping at my feet so I have to shuffle along the floor so that I wouldn't accidently stamp on him. Most of my socks now has holes on their heels.

Now, stalking of and pouncing on feet is something he may well not grow out of - Maisie's 10 in a month or so and still attacks them when the mood takes her. Luckily, she prefers Mrs Nod's feet to mine - well, luckily for me that is!

Now, stalking of and pouncing on feet is something he may well not grow out of - Maisie's 10 in a month or so and still attacks them when the mood takes her. Luckily, she prefers Mrs Nod's feet to mine - well, luckily for me that is!

Hi Nod! I hope so as it startles me, he also hides under the bed and then suddenly runs out as I walk past.

And this morning, I caught him doing this. It has begun . . .

spider+monkey.jpg

Thankfully he does stay relaxed for 90% of the time, at least by having these mad half hours it shows that he is being a happy normal healthy kitten.

Last edited:
Still gorgeous!

Have you started to choose your new wallpaper and curtains yet or will you go for the same pattern again? ;)

Still gorgeous!

Have you started to choose your new wallpaper and curtains yet or will you go for the same pattern again? ;)

:D I have been thinking about redecorating the place, perhaps Jet may spare me the effort of stripping off the wallpaper.

He'll probably calm down after a visit to Dr Ballokov... But hopefully retain the cuteness!

It was going to happen soon, about an hour ago, he fell into the toilet! Luckily he scrambled out by himself and is none the worse for his experience.

Looking a bit sheepish as he try and lick himself dry, but I hope the toilet water won't poison him (luckily it has been freshly flushed).

2014-04-27-1172.jpg

Last edited:
:LOL::LOL::LOL: He has that look that says 'how dare you let this happen to me'!!

Being slightly paranoid about the same thing happening to ours, we keep the lid down just in case. She loves drinking from alternative sources, with the watering cans being a particular favourite.
Hope he's dried out!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: He has that look that says 'how dare you let this happen to me'!!

Being slightly paranoid about the same thing happening to ours, we keep the lid down just in case. She loves drinking from alternative sources, with the watering cans being a particular favourite.
Hope he's dried out!

Thankfully, the only thing hurt was his pride and dried out quite quickly. But, indeed, leaving the toilet seat down at all times is going to have to be part of my daily routine (same goes for my elderly mother - if she can remember to do that).

Excuse this poor webcam capture but it shows him being clingy more than usual this morning . . .

10156149_10152008470596160_8374070871968942695_n.jpg

Quick catch up............
Lovely set Ian,
And from here on in, he shall be known as "bog cat" :D

But, indeed, leaving the toilet seat down at all times is going to have to be part of my daily routine (same goes for my elderly mother -

Quite right too! What sort of a son would you be to allow your elderly mother to drink out of the toilet ... or fall in!! :exit:

Quite right too! What sort of a son would you be to allow your elderly mother to drink out of the toilet ... or fall in!! :exit:

Hi and good morning all.

:D Actually, Yves, that has been known to happen but that's another story for another day.

Another house routine I will have to take on is hoovering the carpet on a near-daily basis rather then one or twice a week as this morning I caught Jet trying to eat a used staple from my hobby room carpet thinking it was a tasty bit of crumb. Luckily he spat it out just as I picked him up . . . but had he swallowed it . . . :eek:

He's now down to six lives.

Last edited:
Trippy.

trippy.jpg

At this point, it is fair to say that Jet really has settled in, not to mention taking on what appears to be growth spurts. He goes bonkers for sliced ham and his favourite thing is sitting at the end of the bath watching me and the water. He's also starting to take on an independent streak by sleeping and playing by himself in the hallway or on the stairs for hours on end, but he's back on my shoulders fast asleep again.
I might let him sleep on my bed tonight, something I've missed with having a cat.

Last edited:
He's now reached that age (3 months) where he becomes all bat-poop crazy in the evening after having been asleep all day.

I tried to catch him at his most frenzied moment using a black background and an off camera remote flash . . .

Jet+Going+Mad.jpg

LOl it looks like he is stuck to a window :D

Nice capture Ian :)

Ah! Felis velcrois!

How could I have missed these last 2 :eek:
That last one is funny :D

Sent from The Moon.....

Hi, thought I'd blow the dust off this thread and put up these three photos taken today.

This afternoon, The Beast has been released into the wild . . . well, for all of ten minutes.

Jet+May+14+2.jpg

Jet+May+14.jpg

Jet+May+14+2.jpg

However, since he is only three months old and is yet to be neutered (apparently have to wait until they are 6 to 9 months old for that), he is not ready to be let outdoors on his own yet. I'm not sure if he is going to be like my old Chad and stick close to home or he'll be the type to go exploring around for miles - and the road close by to my house has just become a two way system. :nailbiting:

Last edited:
Love that last one.. Peekaboo!
I've enjoyed this thread so much I'm thinking of getting another kitten :D

Sent from The Moon.....

Love that last one.. Peekaboo!
I've enjoyed this thread so much I'm thinking of getting another kitten :D

Sent from The Moon.....

:eek: Whoops! But that can only be a good thing what with the growing number of unwanted kittens and cats. Maybe I could work in a cat sanctuary.

:eek: Whoops! But that can only be a good thing what with the growing number of unwanted kittens and cats. Maybe I could work in a cat sanctuary.

Totally a good thing, i had my last cat 14 years but never got another because my eldest is allergic, he's moved out now:D

I thought it is high time I blow the dust off this thread and put in this photo of Jet taken the other night as an update on how he is getting along.
I've now had him for six months but due to his nervous disposition I've decided to keep him in purely as an indoors cat - and he does not mind that not one bit. As a result, he has his own set of routine and even acts as an ideal "therapy cat" for my elderly mother by sleeping on her bed with her in it (she's becoming more forgetful with old age along with colitis, etc) and I could see the difference in each other's wellbeing! Thankfully he is such a good boy at night where he spends most of the time sleeping in my hobby room or on mine or mothers bed without disturbing either of us.

Anyway, enough natterings, this is him during one of his playful moments . . .

AlertJet.jpg

Jet had that sinking feeling when he tried to make the bathroom wash bowl as his official bed earlier on today . . .

JetInSink.jpg

He's a little smasher. Very similar to two of mine.

Also your avatar is a cracker having seen the real deal.

Last edited:
Back