Review My Panamoz experience so far

Edit My Images
No
So it seems popular to show experiences so here is mine so far.

• Day 1 - Tue – Ordered and paid for a 6D body lunch time and Ken processed the order
  • Day 2 – n/a
  • Day 3 - Thu – Camera shipped and a tracking number was provided
  • Day 4, 5, 6 – Camera makes its way from HK to Dubai to Germany (a very well travelled package)
  • Day 7 – Mon - Arrives at the Manchester hub and is out for delivery woohoo. So I waited in the entire day and at 5.30pm UPS tracking changes from “out for delivery” to “the shipper has requested we hold on to the package"
As you can imagine at this point pretty cheesed off having waited all day for UPS to turn up. But obviously things can and do go wrong and I’m a firm believer it’s how problems are dealt with that truly shows the merits of a company. So I’ve contacted Panamoz tonight and I await to see what happens next.

To be continued…

• Day 8 - Tue - Panamoz replied to my mail with an apology and an offer of £10 goodwill which i've accepted :). They say it wasn't them and the courier probably ran over their delivery time. The package is showing as back out for delivery today so fingers crossed.
  • Day 8 - part 2 - Camera arrived safely and UPS seem to have let Panamoz down with the non-delivery. Panamoz were great throughout, highly recommended :)
  • Day 9 - Well a 1000 clicks on the body playing with it and MFA's my lens last night and very happy. Woke to find another couple of e-mails from Tina this morning again apologising for the delay and UPS handling and a confirmation e-mail showing they've already applied the goodwill gesture back! Can't fault their service or handling at all, really impressed.

Last edited:
I have got lucky then?

I ordered a Fuji XT1 on Thursday morning, which was confirmed by Ken. I then had tracking number later that day from Janice. Tracked my package over the weekend from HK, Dubai, Leige, Castle Donington and then delivered lunchtime today (Monday). Well impressed with the service.

some UK couriers aren't great - sometimes - maybe most of the time - you wait in all day - they never come but say that they have been

I have got lucky then?

I ordered a Fuji XT1 on Thursday morning, which was confirmed by Ken. I then had tracking number later that day from Janice. Tracked my package over the weekend from HK, Dubai, Leige, Castle Donington and then delivered lunchtime today (Monday). Well impressed with the service.
I suspect more that's the usual experience and i've just been unlucky more than anything. It's back out for delivery today so fingers crossed.

some UK couriers aren't great - sometimes - maybe most of the time - you wait in all day - they never come but say that they have been
Aye, very frustrating i do wish the couriers were directly held to account for their poor performance. I'm sure then things would improve!

UPS is generally good and u can ring them up when they card u to ask them either leave at a neighbour or collect it from their depo. I personally prefer the latter.

UPS is generally good and u can ring them up when they card u to ask them either leave at a neighbour or collect it from their depo. I personally prefer the latter.
Yeah but they have to attempt the delivery first!

Hope it turn's up shortly. Your's seems a little slower processing order compared to mine. Perhaps me ordering on a Thursday morning seems quicker with transporting over the weekend??

Anyway, I am well pleased with their service and will use them to purchase some lenses when fuji release them.

Have used both Panamoz, and Digital Rev, without any problems. Albeit, I found the Panamoz courier (UPS), notiiceably quicker and more informative, than Fedex, as used by Digital Rev.

Dave

Last edited:
And we have a winner...

Camera arrived this afternoon, box a little beaten up the contents were safe and camera works perfectly. Contacted Panamoz to extend my thanks for their service and that'll i'll be using them again but rather less than impressed with UPS this time around.

Last edited:
BTW did u use the BAC service or PayPal? As my previous posting in the grey import thread, I am an advocate of using credit card, but the 5% saving is significant.

BTW did u use the BAC service or PayPal? As my previous posting in the grey import thread, I am an advocate of using credit card, but the 5% saving is significant.
PayPal for additional peace of mind.

I risked BACS, after so many other people have. A little nervous but all turned out well and worth the 5% saving.

Glad it all turned out ok OP

I risked BACS, after so many other people have. A little nervous but all turned out well and worth the 5% saving.

I'm extremely nervous about the BACS method and not sure I will go with it personally. The previous reviews saying it is fine are great, but if their accounts were frozen by HMRC or something immediately after I had paid - I'd probably lose the lot and the previous reviews are then worthless. There is a very short window of time that is extremely high risk IMHO - from me paying the money to them dispatching the goods.

Glad it all turned out ok OP

I'm extremely nervous about the BACS method and not sure I will go with it personally. The previous reviews saying it is fine are great, but if their accounts were frozen by HMRC or something immediately after I had paid - I'd probably lose the lot and the previous reviews are then worthless. There is a very short window of time that is extremely high risk IMHO - from me paying the money to them dispatching the goods.

I suppose the safest way is to pay with your credit card through Paypal, would this offer double protection??

You could look at HDEW, I have bought two bodies off them in the past. I had problems with missed deliveries and a camera going missing with them using UK Mail. I was using Panamoz for a Fuji XT1, HDEW don't sell Fuji as I would have possibly used them again.

Last edited:
Well a 1000 clicks on the body playing with it and MFA's my lens last night and very happy. Woke to find another couple of e-mails from Tina this morning again apologising for the delay and UPS handling and a confirmation e-mail showing they've already applied the goodwill gesture back! Can't fault their service or handling at all, really impressed.

There communication and service leaves a lot of UK firms to be desired. Your as bad as me rattling of the shots, it's great having a new toy!

Not ordered from them for a while but I had a warranty problem with an omd em5 so they told me to send the camera off to olympus to get an estimate. I did and they told me to go ahead and I had to pay upfront.

Camera came back fixed from olympus in Portugal with final invoice which I sent to panamoz which I emailed to them and had a BACS payment 2 days later.

I've also ordered a couple of times off HDEW Cameras and they are a good company to deal with also and give a 3 year warranty using A J Johnstone in Glasgow for repairs.

Have ordered from Panamoz in the past and have not been disappointed. Would do business again with this company.

Back