My Self Potrait

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
My girlfriend is out with her mates tonight, the weather is rotten and I havent touched my stuff for 3 weeks cause Ive had the flu :puke:

never had a go at this before, just used 5 sec timer and my long arms to focus

I look my age when Ive not had a shave honest :LOL: (21)

3429581229_03b37efdb5.jpg

Nice shot.

Come on tell the truth, that face has never seen a razor has it? :LOL:

Its' ok to admit you are only 16, there are plenty of youngsters on here:D

Ive just aquired some Kodak filter thing that smooths skin, I have but only 3% or summat very minor, I reccomend it it works quite well Il be using it again. im not posting the version where I did it 75% :LOL:

for the record I have to shave every 4 days otherwise I look like a tramp, Il update in 4 days to prove :p

Don't worry about it mate, I shave once a week and I'm 34. I got asked for id on my 27th birthday :LOL:

Good shot btw.

Nice self portrait! I've been trying this for a while, but I wanted a shallow DOF, and with only a 100mm f/2.8 to give that, it was a bit of a challenge (now got a 17-50 f/2.8, so it's time for another go I think!)

What lighting did you use for this? I really like the effect it's had on your eyes!

Chris

for the record I have to shave every 4 days otherwise I look like a tramp, Il update in 4 days to prove :p

Sheesh! I have cheese in my fridge that needs to be shaved more often.

I used an SB600 and the pop up flash (I use Nikon CLS so I have to use the pop up) both diffused with tissues over them :LOL: The backdrop is just my plain white wallpaper in my room that has been getting pained for 6 months :p

the SB600 is to my left as I look at the camera its set at 1/32 and the pop up was set at 1/1 I took 10-15 and this was the most sharp so I used this. was mostly a practice at using flash but I got a pic Im happy with so its a bonus

In photoshop Ive added a tiny tiny bit of saturation and contrast and had a play with the skin smoother filter thing but in this pic is so subtle you cant really tell

Back